Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (9/13/16). "Press Release: SENAI Outfits New Tribology Lab with Bruker UMT TriboLab Systems. Brazil's National Service for Industrial Training Invests in Six Bruker Tribometers". Billerica, MA.
|Organisation||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||SENAI Institute of Innovation on Surface Engineering, Belo Horizonte|
|Group||SENAI (BR) (Serviço Nacional de Aprendizagem Industrial / National Service for Industrial Training)|
|Product||UMT TriboLab™ platform|
Bruker has announced the installation of six UMT TriboLab Mechanical Testers at the Tribology Laboratory of Innovation SENAI Institute for Surface Engineering in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Established by Brazil's National Service of Industrial Training (SENAI), the new state-of-the-art laboratory will utilize the TriboLab systems to carry out research and development of products focused on the evaluation of materials performance for resistance to wear. The TriboLab systems enable the new laboratory to test real-use conditions across an extremely wide range of industrial products, from automotive engine components and hydraulic pumps to cutting tools and aeronautical turbines.
"After our purchase of six UMT TriboLab systems we received visitors from large companies who were very interested to learn about our laboratory," said Dr. Karyne Juste, ISI Surface Engineering Researcher at SENAI. "They were really impressed with the large number of different tribological tests that we are now able to offer. Working in different market segments, such as mining, automotive, and aeronautical industries, our visitors also emphasized the great relevance of having these services available in Brazil."
"Bruker was very pleased to help equip such an important tribology laboratory in Brazil," added James Earle, Vice President and General Manager of Bruker's Tribology, Stylus and Optical Metrology Business. "The TriboLab systems that have been installed allow them to run a comprehensive range of tests, from nanoindentation up to high-load tribology testing under vacuum. SENAI is a very important reference customer, and we look forward to working with Dr. Juste and her team as they support customers throughout South America with advanced tribology testing."
About UMT TriboLab
The UMT was first introduced in 2000 and rapidly became the quasi-standard for tribology and mechanical test labs around the world. With an improved platform offering many new ease-of-use and productivity features, the UMT TriboLab offers comprehensive TriboScript™ software package to allow users to intuitively program complex motions and to control applied forces with unprecedented accuracy. Modular environmental chambers can be added or removed in minutes to enable users to adjust temperature or humidity to simulate real-world conditions. Other features include an integrated high-torque motor, built-in analog sensor protection for increased safety, and a comprehensive range of accessories to facilitate a wide range of tribology tests. Only the UMT TriboLab system enables easy and accurate transformation from rotary to reciprocating or linear motion, sub-Newton to kilo-Newton force measurement, or environmental testing from room temperature up to 1000°C.
The National Service for Industrial Training (Serviço Nacional de Aprendizagem Industrial, SENAI) is responsible for professional and vocational training and also seeks to cultivate international business relationships. With the newly planned research institutes, SENAI intends not just to promote vocational training for industry and business, but also to promote applied research across the country. Currently, SENAI has a total of 26 innovation institutes across nearly all federal states in Brazil, with each institute operating in a specific technical area. The SENAI Institute of Innovation on Surface Engineering offers solutions for increased performance, reliability, competitiveness and quality of products, components and systems by changing their surface properties.
About Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR)
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance, scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: http://www.bruker.com.
Marketing Communications Manager
T: +1 (408)-376-4065 x4065
Bruker Corporation Investor Relations
T: +1 (978)-663-3660
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160906/404454
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160411/353805LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/senai-outfits-new-tribology-lab-with-bruker-umt-tribolab-systems-300324840.html
SOURCE Bruker Corporation
Record changed: 2016-10-04
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]