Document › Details
Sequenom, Inc.. (4/19/10). "Press Release: Sequenom Introduces the MassARRAY Analyzer 4 System. Next-generation Proprietary Platform Makes High-performance Mass Spectrometry Available to Broad Market". San Diego, CA.
|Organisation||Sequenom Inc. (Nasdaq: SQNM)|
|Product||MassARRAY® Analyzer 4 system|
|Product 2||MassARRAY® technology|
|Person||Monko, Michael (Sequenom 200608– Senior VP Sales + Marketing before UpState Chemicon before Invitrogen Corp)|
Sequenom, Inc. (Nasdaq: SQNM) today announced the launch of its next-generation mass spectrometry system - the MassARRAY(R) Analyzer 4. This new high performance nucleic acid analysis platform has been designed to meet customer demand for a bench top instrument with greater flexibility across multiple applications, improved reliability and faster performance. With the capability for quantitative gene expression analysis, epigenetic nucleic acid methylation analysis as well as high-throughput genotyping and SNP fine mapping applications, the MassARRAY Analyzer 4 is designed to empower the basic and translational research community to advance findings from basic genetic and biomarker studies toward clinical utility in diagnosis, prognosis and monitoring of diseases.
The MassARRAY Analyzer 4 system will initially be offered to research-use-only (RUO) laboratories, and subject to FDA clearance will be released to CLIA-certified laboratories for the generation and implementation of laboratory-developed tests.
The new system has been configured to provide increased throughput, faster time-to-results, and the ability to cost-effectively run from tens to thousands of samples daily -- making this an ideal genetic analysis system for use in basic and translational research.
Benefits of the MassARRAY Analyzer 4 system include:
* Shorter time-to-result with up to two times faster chip scan rate
* Features that accommodate the needs of both low- and high-throughput laboratories with 96 and 384-well options
* New easy-to-use Analyzer control software reduces hands-on time
* Flexibility to analyze any combination of genetic markers and samples
* Suitability for a variety of applications including genotyping, somatic mutations, and DNA methylation
* Improved reliability that should result in less maintenance
"With the addition of the MassARRAY Analyzer 4 system, Sequenom now offers a faster, more robust instrument which builds upon our proven MassARRAY technology shown to produce high quality data," said Michael Monko, senior vice president, genetic analysis sales and marketing. "The launch of this cost-effective instrument should allow a wider range of labs and institutions to add the power of mass spectrometry-based applications to their research and translational medicine studies. Additionally, having a system built under design control will allow us to pursue our ultimate goal of registering the system and related tests for FDA approval."
For more information on the MassARRAY Analyzer 4, please visit http://www.massarrayanalyzer.com.
About MassARRAY Technology
Sequenom's proprietary MassARRAY(R) system is a high performance, matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrometry-based nucleic acid analysis platform that quantitatively measures genetic target material and its variations in a rapid, accurate, and cost efficient manner. Sequenom's MassARRAY system facilitates a number of nucleic acid analysis applications including SNP genotyping and allelotyping, somatic mutation analysis, CNV analysis, quantitative gene expression analysis, quantitative methylation marker analysis, comparative sequence analysis of haploid organisms, SNP discovery, and oligonucleotide quality control.
Sequenom, Inc. (Nasdaq: SQNM) is a life sciences company committed to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. Sequenom develops innovative technology, products and diagnostic tests that target and serve discovery & clinical research, and molecular diagnostics markets. The company was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in San Diego, California. Sequenom maintains a Web site at http://www.sequenom.com to which Sequenom regularly posts copies of its press releases as well as additional information about Sequenom. Interested persons can subscribe on the Sequenom Web site to email alerts or RSS feeds that are sent automatically when Sequenom issues press releases, files its reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission or posts certain other information to the Web site.
Sequenom(R) and MassARRAY(R) are trademarks of Sequenom, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including statements regarding the anticipated performance and benefits of the MassARRAY Analyzer 4 system and its acceptance and use by customers, and the Company's goals and plans regarding FDA clearance, registration and approval, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including the risks and uncertainties associated with market demand for and acceptance and use by customers of the MassARRAY Analyzer 4, its ability to position itself for product launches and growth and to develop and commercialize new technologies and products, particularly new technologies such as noninvasive prenatal diagnostics, laboratory developed tests, and genetic analysis platforms, reliance upon the collaborative efforts of other parties, the Company's ability to manage its existing cash resources or raise additional cash resources, competition, intellectual property protection and intellectual property rights of others, government regulation particularly with respect to diagnostic products and laboratory developed tests, obtaining or maintaining regulatory approvals, and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2009 and other documents subsequently filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements are based on current information that may change and you are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement, and the Company undertakes no obligation to revise or update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the issuance of this press release.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Sequenom (Group)
-  Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LabCorp). (7/27/16). "Press Release: LabCorp Announces Agreement to Acquire Sequenom". Burlington, NC & San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (2/24/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches MassARRAY 24-Well System for Affordable Genetic Testing, Liquid Biopsies". San Diego, CA....
-  Sequenom, Inc.. (6/16/14). "Press Release: Sequenom, Inc. Receives U.S. FDA Premarket Clearance". San Diego, CA....
-  Sequenom, Inc.. (5/30/14). "Press Release: Sequenom, Inc. Reports Sales of Bioscience Business". San Diego, CA....
-  Atlas Biolabs GmbH. (7/23/10). "Press Release: Atlas Biolabs Expands Services in Molecular Genetics to High-throughput SNP-genotyping Based on Mass Spectrometry". Berlin....
-  Sequenom, Inc.. (5/12/10). "Press Release: Sequenom Announces $51.6 Million Private Placement". San Diego, CA....
-  Sequenom, Inc.. (3/15/10). "Press Release: Sequenom Reports 2009 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results. Full Year 2009 Revenues of $37.9 Million with Year End Cash and Equivalents of $42.7 Million". San Diego, CA....
-  Sequenom, Inc.. (2/16/10). "Press Release: Sequenom Announces Launch of SensiGene Fetal(XY) (Fetal Sex Determination)". San Diego, CA....
-  Sequenom, Inc.. (2/9/10). "Press Release: Sequenom Licenses Worldwide Rights to Develop Age-related Molecular Degeneration Diagnostic Test". San Diego, CA....
-  Sequenom, Inc.. (2/4/10). "Press Release: Sequenom Announces Launch of SensiGene Fetal RHD genotyping Test. First Commercial Test Using SEQureDx Technology for Determining Rhesus D Incompatibility". San Diego, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]