Document › Details
MDS Inc.. (1/25/10). "Press Release: MDS Announces Resolution of Litigation Related to the Sale of MDS Analytical Technologies". Toronto, ON.
|Organisation 2||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Product||ICP mass spectrometer (ICP-MS)|
|Index term 2||MDS–Danaher: mass spectrometer, 200909–201002 acquisition $650m in cash AB Sciex mass spectrometry business + former Molecular Devices Corp|
MDS Inc. (TSX: MDS; NYSE: MDZ), a leading provider of products and services to the global life sciences markets, today announced that PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE: PKI) has, pursuant to a settlement agreement, agreed to terminate its litigation against the Company, which was scheduled to be heard in Commercial Court in Toronto today. MDS has a joint-venture with PerkinElmer to develop, manufacture and sell inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometers (ICP/MS).
The sale of MDS Analytical Technologies, which was announced on September 2, 2009, is expected to close before the end of the first calendar quarter 2010, subject to receiving regulatory approvals and satisfying closing conditions.
MDS Inc. (TSX: MDS; NYSE: MDZ) is a global life sciences company that provides market-leading products and services that our customers need for the development of drugs, and the diagnosis and treatment of disease. We are a leading global provider of innovative technologies for use in medical imaging and radiotherapeutics, sterilization, pharmaceutical contract research, and analytical instruments. MDS has more than 3,500 highly skilled people in 13 countries. Find out more at www.mdsinc.com or by calling 1-888-MDS-7222, 24 hours a day.
Caution Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
This document contains forward-looking statements, including statements with respect to the proposed sale of the MDS Analytical Technologies business, and factors that may affect such proposed sale. Some forward-looking statements may be identified by words like "believes", "expects", "anticipates", "plans", "intends", "indicates" or similar expressions. The statements are not a guarantee that the proposed sale will be completed nor a guarantee of future performance, and are inherently subject to risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to the risks and other factors set forth in reports and other documents filed by MDS with Canadian and U.S. securities regulatory authorities from time to time, including MDS's quarterly and annual MD&A, Annual Information Form, and Annual Report on Form 40-F for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2008, filed with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission and the Management Information Circular (dated September 17, 2009).
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for MDS (Group)
-  MDS Inc.. (2/19/10). "Press Release: MDS Announces Substantial Issuer Bid". Toronto, ON....
-  MDS Inc.. (2/10/10). "Press Release: MDS Announces Agreements to Divest MDS Pharma Services’ Early Stage Business. Company Focused on Building MDS Nordion". Toronto, ON....
-  MDS Inc.. (2/1/10). "Press Release: MDS Inc. Completes Divestiture of MDS Analytical Technologies". Toronto, ON....
-  MDS Inc.. (2/1/10). "Press Release: MDS Inc. Announces Appointment of William D. Anderson as Chair of Board of Directors". Toronto, ON....
-  MDS Inc.. (1/21/10). "Press Release: MDS Reports Preliminary Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2009 Financial Results". Toronto, ON....
-  MDS Inc.. (1/8/10). "Press Release: MDS Appoints Steve West MDS Inc. Chief Executive Officer. Peter Dans Appointed Future Chief Financial Officer". Toronto....
-  MDS Inc.. (12/11/09). "Press Release: MDS Receives Notice of Application from PerkinElmer, Inc.". Toronto....
-  MDS Inc.. (11/2/09). "Press Release: MDS Inc. Completes Divestiture of Central Lab Operations". Toronto....
-  MDS Inc.. (9/2/09). "Press Release: MDS Announces Voting Support Agreements". Toronto....
-  MDS Inc.. (9/2/09). "Press Release: MDS Announces Strategic Repositioning. Company Signs Agreement to Sell MDS Analytical Technologies to Danaher Corporation, Plans Substantial Return of Sale Proceeds to Shareholders, Announces Intent to Sell MDS Pharma...
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]