Document › Details
SGS S.A.. (10/6/16). "Press Release: SGS Investment Launches Precision Agriculture Services In Brazil".
|Product||precision agriculture services|
|Product 2||AGRI LIFE SCIENCES|
|Index term||Unigeo Agricultura de Precisâo–SGS: investment, 201609 acquisition of 75% stake by SGS|
|Person||Fontoura, Alexandre (SGS 201610 Business Manager at SGS Brazil)|
Seed and crop growers across Brazil can now benefit from the precision agriculture services of SGS, following the company’s recent acquisition of a 75% stake in Unigeo.
SGS has delivered its own precision farming services in South America, and around the world, for some time. So this investment further strengthens its expertise – particularly in Brazil, where Unigeo is the market leader.
Employees at Unigeo include agronomists, technicians and analysts/programmers. This highly-skilled group of 170 precision agriculture professionals work across five offices (two in Goias state, two in Mato Grosso state and one in Bahia state), servicing ten Brazilian states (Goiás, Mato Grosso, Bahia, Piauí, Tocantins, Minas Gerais, Mato Grosso do Sul, Maranhão, Rondônia and São Paulo).
Seed and crop farmers in Brazil can access a range of agricultural services that focus on the collection, analysis and interpretation of data. This is made possible by Unigeo’s online platform (Univista) that is revolutionizing precision farming in the region. Data is collated in Univista, which allows the planning, monitoring and visualization of farms, providing greater efficiency and profitability. Accessible 24/7 this solution provides access to detailed precision agriculture information, such as graphs and maps, thereby improving decision making.
The SGS precision agriculture services offer includes:
> Soil sampling and mapping
> Soil management recommendations by yield scenarios
> Soil improvement mapping reports and soil potential reports
> Nematode infestation surveys
> Satellite imagery for NDVI (Normalized Difference Vegetation Index)
> Online software for precision agriculture management (Unisaf) and farm monitoring and management (Univista)
> Supply of data analytics (e.g. evolution of production, productivity management information)
Building on SGS’s already extensive presence in Brazil, delivering R&D field trials and laboratory services, field and inland inspections, crop monitoring, soil analysis, water management and precision fertigation services, SGS’s investment in Unigeo provides an exciting opportunity for service line extension to farmers in Brazil.
“Our investment in Unigeo is a major step for SGS and our clients,” said Alexandre Fontoura, Business Manager, SGS Brazil. “We are excited to extend our already comprehensive services to include precision agriculture in Brazil and build on our recent and ongoing investments in seed quarantine, insect resistance, a GLP pesticide residues lab and GM field trials,” said Alexandre Fontoura, Business Manager, SGS Brazil.
Read our Seed and Crop Newsletters
Subscribe to the Seed and Crop Newsletter
Follow us on LinkedIn: Agriculture and Food
For further information, please contact:
Business Manager, SGS Brazil
t: +55 11 3883 8845
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world.
Record changed: 2016-12-11
More documents for SGS (Group)
-  SGS S.A.. (12/21/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires Laagrima, Morocco"....
-  SGS S.A.. (12/19/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires Control of C-Labs SA, Switzerland"....
-  SGS S.A.. (12/9/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires 70 Percent Stake in Biopremier, Portugal"....
-  SGS S.A.. (12/9/16). "Press Release: SGS Opens New Agriculture and Food Testing Laboratory in South Korea"....
-  SGS S.A.. (10/3/16). "Press Release: SGS Announces Investment in New cGMP Facility in Berlin, Germany"....
-  SGS S.A.. (9/2/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires 75 Percent Stake in Unigeo, Brazil"....
-  SGS S.A.. (5/19/15). "Press Release: SGS Acquires SVA Ltd, UK"....
-  SGS S.A.. (10/22/12). "Press Release: SGS Acquires Sentinel Services (Proprietary) Ltd, South Africa"....
-  SGS S.A.. (4/27/12). "Press Release: SGS Acquires Analytical Perspectives of North Carolina, LLC (AP), USA"....
-  Protagen AG. (10/10/11). "E-News: Protagen AG Appoints Dr. Jörg Müller as Head of Marketing"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]