Document › Details
SGS S.A.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: SGS Opens New Consumer Products Testing Lab in Hai Phong, Vietnam".
|Organisation||SGS Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City)|
On January 11, 2017, SGS officially opened a new consumer product testing laboratory in Hai Phong, in Northern Vietnam.
The addition of this new cutting-edge laboratory complements the company’s existing facilities in Ho Chi Minh City in Southern Vietnam.
Located in the core sourcing zone, the newly-inaugurated laboratory is equipped with the-state-of-the-art facilities to provide physical and restricted substances testing. The full scope of testing services covers a wide range of products, including:
In this regard, SGS Vietnam has enlarged the footprint of its operation, with full geographical coverage of the whole country. Both SGS laboratories serve the country's manufacturing industry by providing closer and faster services to local manufacturers needing to comply with international regulations and global market access.
At the opening ceremony, Mr. Jason Han, Managing Director of SGS Vietnam, said: “It’s our pleasure to contribute and assist Vietnamese businesses to access world markets by providing professional and trustworthy services. With the aim of providing customers with the most convenient, cost effective and timely services, we decided to establish our second multifunction lab in Hai Phong city to cover Northern region – an area with a fast growing economy and lots of potential for the future.”
Vietnam is seen as one of the fastest growing exporting countries with major exporting markets, such as the USA, China, Japan, Korea and Germany. In 2016, Hai Phong attracted direct foreign investment in excess of USD 2 billion. Hai Phong is also the third biggest city in Vietnam, after Ho Chi Minh City and Ha Noi. With its prime location, as the biggest port in Northern Vietnam, new state-of-the-art infrastructure enables convenient access from Ha Noi, and northern manufacturing region such as Hai Duong, Thai Binh, Ninh Binh, Nam Dinh etc.
In addition to the Hai Phong lab, SGS has also expanded its Ho Chi Minh lab with added testing capabilities for footwear, toys, furniture, and baby cribs. This allows SGS to perform the full range of consumer product testing services in Vietnam.
From Left: Mr. Wui Shin Pui (Vice President of SGS Mineral – CHK/EA), Mr. Nobuhara Suzuki (Managing Director of SGS Japan), Mr. Jason Han (Managing Director of SGS Vietnam), Mrs. Beatrice Maser Mallor (Swiss Ambassador to Vietnam), Mr. Le Thanh Son (Vice Chairman of the Hai Phong City People’s Committee), Mr. Spencer Yeung (Vice President of SGS CRS – Asia Pacific, Africa, and Middle East)
For further information, please contact:
t: +84-8 38 160 999
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world.
Record changed: 2017-02-09
More documents for SGS (Group)
-  SGS S.A.. (1/23/17). "Press Release: SGS 2016 Full Year Results"....
-  SGS S.A.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: SGS Acquires Laboratoire LCA, Morocco"....
-  SGS S.A.. (12/21/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires Laagrima, Morocco"....
-  SGS S.A.. (12/19/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires Control of C-Labs SA, Switzerland"....
-  SGS S.A.. (12/9/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires 70 Percent Stake in Biopremier, Portugal"....
-  SGS S.A.. (12/9/16). "Press Release: SGS Opens New Agriculture and Food Testing Laboratory in South Korea"....
-  SGS S.A.. (10/6/16). "Press Release: SGS Investment Launches Precision Agriculture Services In Brazil"....
-  SGS S.A.. (10/3/16). "Press Release: SGS Announces Investment in New cGMP Facility in Berlin, Germany"....
-  SGS S.A.. (9/2/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires 75 Percent Stake in Unigeo, Brazil"....
-  SGS S.A.. (5/19/15). "Press Release: SGS Acquires SVA Ltd, UK"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]