Document › Details
SGS S.A.. (12/9/16). "Press Release: SGS Opens New Agriculture and Food Testing Laboratory in South Korea".
|Country||Korea, Republic of|
|Organisation||SGS Uiwang City (Seoul) agriculture and food testing laboratory|
|Product||food analysis (food testing)|
|Product 2||analytical services|
On November 14, 2016, SGS opened a new food testing laboratory in Uiwang City, near Seoul, South Korea.
The 2,340 m2 state-of-the-art laboratory builds on the success SGS has already achieved in the Korea market.
The new laboratory has been designed to offer a full-range of testing facilities, including:
> Food chemical testing, including tests for: nutrition, vitamins, preservatives and sugars
> Food contaminant testing for: pesticide residues, heavy metals, animal drug residues, melamine, histamine, mycotoxins and PAHs
> Microbiological and DNA testing: microbiological limit test including microorganisms identification, allergens, GMO’s, norovirus and antibiotics effectiveness
All of these can be offered across a broad range of food categories, including beverages, dairy, grains and cereals, pastry, meat, poultry and seafood, fruit and vegetables, herbs and spices, tea and coffee, processed, canned and frozen foods, oils and fats, bottled water, and confectionary and chocolate.
ISO 17025 accredited, this laboratory employs 53 dedicated full-time staff members and has been accredited as an official food laboratory by the South Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. The site is also accredited as an agricultural product testing laboratory by the National Agricultural Products Quality Management Service, and as a norovirus testing laboratory by the National Institute of Environmental Research.
The facility also offers auditing services, including supplier and hygiene audits, training, Standard Operating Procedures development, food label review services and inspection services for agricultural, food and fishery products.
Conveniently located near to Seoul, SGS’s new facility at Uiwang City will provide expert analysis, testing, auditing, training and inspection services to companies working in the agricultural and food industries in South Korea.
For further information contact:
Food Team Manager
Agriculture, Food & Life
t: (+82) 31 460 8121
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world.
Record changed: 2017-01-18
More documents for SGS (Group)
-  SGS S.A.. (1/23/17). "Press Release: SGS 2016 Full Year Results"....
-  SGS S.A.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: SGS Opens New Consumer Products Testing Lab in Hai Phong, Vietnam"....
-  SGS S.A.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: SGS Acquires Laboratoire LCA, Morocco"....
-  SGS S.A.. (12/21/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires Laagrima, Morocco"....
-  SGS S.A.. (12/19/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires Control of C-Labs SA, Switzerland"....
-  SGS S.A.. (12/9/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires 70 Percent Stake in Biopremier, Portugal"....
-  SGS S.A.. (10/6/16). "Press Release: SGS Investment Launches Precision Agriculture Services In Brazil"....
-  SGS S.A.. (10/3/16). "Press Release: SGS Announces Investment in New cGMP Facility in Berlin, Germany"....
-  SGS S.A.. (9/2/16). "Press Release: SGS Acquires 75 Percent Stake in Unigeo, Brazil"....
-  SGS S.A.. (5/19/15). "Press Release: SGS Acquires SVA Ltd, UK"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]