Document › Details
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (5/10). "Press Release: New Products May 2010. MegaTOF Megadalton MALDI MALDI Mass Spectrometers".
|Organisation||Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc. (SSI)|
|Organisation 2||CovalX AG|
|Product||AXIMA™ mass spectrometer (product series)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry technology|
|Index term 2||Shimadzu–CovalX: MegaTOF MALDI mass spectrometer, –201005 collab developm by integrating AXIMA MALDI system with HM2 high-mass system|
Shimadzu and CovalX have partnered to offer an integrated MALDI solution for ultrahigh mass applications. The MegaTOF has been developed by optimizing the integration of a high-performance Shimadzu linear MALDI TOF mass spectrometer with a CovalX high-mass system, allowing outstanding detection of macromolecules up to 1500 kDa.
For these analyses, CovalX developed special cross-linking reagents and buffers for a fast and specific stabilization of protein interactions. The reagents contain 'cocktails' of cross-linkers with different spacer lengths able to covalently bind specific protein complexes with a high degree of efficiency. The specificity facilitates the stabilization of covalent protein complexes - even in contaminated or unpurified samples.
– High-sensitivity high-mass detector
o Detects macromolecules up to 1,500 kDa
– Conventional detector (electron multiplier)
o Ideally suited for low mass (<10 kDa) applications
– 15-second changeover time
– Stabilization of molecule using crosslinking reagent kits
– Antibody Characterization
o Antibody-Antigen interactions
o Epitope mapping
o Sandwich assays
– Therapeutic Protein Aggregates
– Inhibitors of Protein-Protein interactions
– Protein Complexes
– PEG Protein Characterization
– High-Mass MALDI Imaging
– Plasma Screening
– Polymer Analysis
Existing Shimadzu AXIMA MALDI systems (Assurance, Confidence, Performance) can be retrofitted with CovalX's HM2 or HM2 TUVO high-mass system.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/24/16). "Press Release: Launch of the 7th Phase for Environmental Monitoring Project with the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]