Document › Details
Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis".
|Product||GCMS-TQ8050 mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||environmental analysis|
Shimadzu Corporation announces the release of the GCMS-TQ8050, a top-of-the-line triple quadrupole gas chromatograph mass spectrometer (GC-MS/MS). The GCMS-TQ8050 is an ultra-high-sensitivity GC-MS/MS offering both robustness and the highest sensitivity levels in the world. In addition to detecting ultra-trace concentrations of components down to the femtogram level, it maintains those ultra-high-sensitivity levels for long periods. That makes it an ideal GC-MS/MS system for applications that require ultra-trace analysis, such as analyzing persistent organic pollutants (POPs) or endocrine disrupting chemicals in the environment or analyzing impurities in pharmaceuticals.
Background to the Development
After introducing the GCMS-TQ8030 triple quadrupole gas chromatograph mass spectrometer in 2012, Shimadzu introduced the GCMS-TQ8040, which featured improved operability, in 2014. That was especially well received in fields such as residual pesticide analysis, forensic toxicology, and metabolite analysis.
Currently, the range of applications that need systems capable of femtogram-level quantitative analysis is expanding worldwide. In Europe, for example, high-resolution GC/MS systems were almost exclusively used to analyze dioxins and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in foods and animal feed, but in 2014, GC-MS/MS was added as a method for confirmation analysis.
By adding this newly developed top-of-the-line GCMS-TQ8050 system to its product line, Shimadzu offers a new solution for both existing customers and other testing laboratories that require even higher sensitivity analysis.
Both High Robustness and the World's Highest Sensitivity Levels
In addition to incorporating an ultra-high-sensitivity detector that can detect femtogram-level concentrations, the GCMS-TQ8050 features newly developed noise-reduction technologies. These technologies help achieve the world's highest sensitivity levels.
This exceptional performance means dioxins and endocrine disrupting chemicals in foods, for example, can be quantitated with higher accuracy and reliability than ever before.
Furthermore, the new detector can be used for femtogram-level ultra-trace analysis without applying undue loads on the detector. That makes premature deterioration unlikely and results in maintaining ultra-high-sensitivity for five times longer than the previous detector. In addition, the GCMS-TQ8050 offers significantly improved robustness with such features as a highly stable ion source utilizing patented technology and a quadrupole equipped with pre-rods. This results in greater uptime and reduced maintenance costs.
For more details, visit
Shimadzu GCMS-TQ8050 Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer
[ http://www.shimadzu.com/an/gcms/8050/index.html ]
Record changed: 2016-09-07
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Europe GmbH. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Launch of Shimadzu European Innovation Center"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/24/16). "Press Release: Launch of the 7th Phase for Environmental Monitoring Project with the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)". Kyoto....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]