Document › Details
Shimadzu Corporation. (3/2/12). "Press Release: New HPLC Preparative System for Synthetic Chemical Applications, Optimal for the Separation and Purification of Functional Molecular Materials and Chiral Compounds".
Shimadzu has released a new HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatograph) preparative system and special software for synthetic chemical applications
Performing preparative purification utilizing HPLC heightens the efficiency of the preparative purification process through the use of open columns, which are widely used in the field of organic synthesis. In addition, by accommodating recycle preparative work, which improves separation performance by re-introducing the sample repeatedly to the separation column, it is possible to perform preparative purification while significantly improving separation effectiveness. The LC-6AD semi-preparative recycle system and the LC-20AP large-scale preparative recycle system support recycle preparative purification across a wide synthetic scale, from semi-preparative analysis to large-scale, laboratory-scale preparation.
In addition, Recycle-Assist, special recycle preparative software, has been developed in collaboration with the Graduate School of Kyoto University. This software incorporates feedback from researchers in the synthetic chemical field and is designed to meet the needs of its users. With Recycle-Assist, recycle preparative work can be easily performed, without the necessity of complicated settings.
This preparative system is expected to be used for the high-level separation and purification of functional polymers, organic electronics and other synthetic organic materials and chiral compounds.
Background to the Development
As development and implementation progress with respect to functional molecules, organic electronics and other new organic materials, preparative purification via HPLC is increasingly gaining attention. This is because in synthetic intermediate and final processes, conventional preparative purification utilizing open columns is not suited to automation. In addition, with recycle preparative work in which samples are re-introduced repeatedly, not only is more efficient separation of precious synthetic materials achieved, but the cost of separation columns and mobile phase solvents is reduced, making this a suitable procedure for research applications in university laboratories. As recycle preparative work has gained attention, there has been a need for software that can be operated easily so that synthetic chemical researchers who have limited experience with HPLC can perform the procedure. This system supports everything from analysis-scale investigations to ordinary preparative purification and recycle preparative purification. In addition, by utilizing special recycle preparative software, it provides a visually intuitive and simple recycle preparative operating environment.
The features of this product are as follows.
> Supports a series of preparative purification processes, from analysis to ordinary preparative work and recycle preparative work
> The LC-6AD semi-preparative recycle system and the LC-20AP large-scale preparative recycle system support everything from analysis-scale condition investigation to sample preparative purification and recycle preparative. Automatic sample injection utilizing an autosampler and diverse fraction parameters from a fraction collector make the preparative purification process more efficient while the intended compounds (precious synthetic samples) are reliably fractionated. In addition, because of the compact system design, it is possible to heighten separation efficiency by controlling column diffusion during recycle preparative work, thereby limiting the installation space required.
> Recycle separation achieves both high separation and purification and significant cost reductions.
> One way of heightening the separation efficiency in preparative purification is to connect multiple columns in series, increasing the column length. However, preparative columns are very expensive, and there is a limit to the number of columns that can be connected due to restrictions on column pressure tolerance. Conversely, with recycle preparative work, the sample is re-introduced repeatedly to one column and high separation is achieved through recycling. As a result, the cost of columns is controlled, and concerns about pressure tolerance are unnecessary. In addition, during recycle separation, the mobile phase is also recycled, so solvent consumption is reduced. With recycle preparative work, separation and purification can be performed with respect to structural analogs, synthetic impurities, chiral isomers and other compounds for which separation is difficult using ordinary methods.
> The special Recycle-Assist software provides a simple and visually-intuitive recycle preparative operating environment
> The Recycle-Assist special recycle preparative software was developed in collaboration with the Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University. Incorporating feedback from synthetic chemical researchers, it delivers a simpler recycle preparative purification operating environment. Thanks to the visual user interface, recycle preparative operations are easy to understand and intuitive. In addition, the actual work-flow from investigation of recycle preparative conditions to purification can be followed with simple operations.
> This makes,complex operational training unnecessary, enabling even synthetic chemists with only limited experience using HPLC to perform recycle preparative work easily. Furthermore, it is easy to perform manual recycle preparative work in which the recycle timing is configured while observing the chromatogram, and automatic recycle preparative work performed based on the preconfigured conditions.Even transferring between manual and automatic operations can be easily performed.
The LC-6AD semi-preparative recycle system and the LC-20AP large-scale preparative recycle system can be utilized for separation and purification of a wide variety of organic synthetic compounds, including functional molecules, organic electronics and other organic materials and chiral compounds. Increased sales to university chemical laboratories and chemical businesses are expected.
Name: The LC-6AD semi-preparative recycle system and the LC-20AP large-scale preparative recycle system
Record changed: 2012-04-11
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (3/5/14). "Press Release: Shimadzu Releases the Crude2Pure Automated Purification/Powderization System"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (2/10/14). "Press Release: Shimadzu Opens New Solution Center at Its North American Headquarters to Showcase Existing Technologies and Enhance Product Development"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (12/6/13). "Press Release: Shimadzu Announces Completion of New Quality Center. A Quality Assurance Base for the Shimadzu Group to Promote the Provision of High-quality, Reliable Products and Services"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (11/11/13). "Press Release: Establishment of the Center of Trade in Central and South America in Uruguay"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (11/8/13). "Press Release: Operating Results and Financial Position (for the Six Months Ended September 30, 2013)"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (10/28/13). Annual Report 2013. Kyoto. [http://www.shimadzu.com, ]...
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/14/13). "Press Release: New Quan Solution Offers User-friendly, Open Access Software for Shimadzu’s Triple-Quadrupole LCMS"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/24/13). "Press Release: Shimadzu U.S.A. Manufacturing Obtains ISO 13485 Quality Management Standard Certification for LC and LCMS Instruments. Concentrating Manufacture of Clinical-use Analytical Instruments in the U.S."....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/2/13). "Press Release: Shimadzu Releases LabSolutions CS Chromatography Data Systems – Achieves Integrated Management of Shimadzu Corporation’s Analytical Instruments and Agilent Technologies’ HPLCs"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/29/13). "Press Release: New LabSolutions Direct Function Enables HPLC Access from a Smartphone or Tablet PC – Provides a Remote Operating Enivronment"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]