Document › Details
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (3/19/12). "Press Release: New Perfinity Integrated Digestion Platform Simplifies Protein Sample Preparation".
In partnership with Perfinity Biosciences, Shimadzu Scientific Instruments has released the Perfinity Integrated Digestion Platform (IDP). Based on the Perfinity Workstation, the Perfinity IDP system automates key proteomics workflow steps to significantly reduce sample preparation times and enhance reproducibility.
Traditionally, manual sample preparation techniques involving 18-hour tryptic digestion to reverse-phase HPLC and mass spec detection take three days to complete. With Perfinity IDP, which features a customized Shimadzu HPLC system and multiple Perfinity columns, this time is reduced dramatically to 30 minutes or less. This is accomplished through automated integration of buffer exchange, digestion, desalting and reverse-phase separation. The automated process removes much of the equipment and labor associated with LCMS analyses of proteins, minimizing a potential source of error and improving laboratory productivity.
In addition to the substantial time savings, Perfinity IDP provides users with consistent, highly reproducible results. In contrast to manual techniques, in which samples are prone to sample loss and contamination, the integration of hardware components, columns, buffers and software eliminates disjointed protein sample prep processes. As a result, coefficient of variation values reported at each step, as well as for the entire assay, are less than 10 percent.
Perfinity IDP can be used in multiple application areas, including assay development, protein purification, drug development and biomarker discovery. The modular nature of the system enables upgrading to the full Perfinity Workstation, which features a second column oven and automation of affinity selection.
To learn more about this item, click here.
If you should need more information, or have any questions, you may contact our Press Department:
Phone Number: 1-800-477-1227 / Email: please click here.
Automated Protein Separation
The Perfinity Workstation, developed in collaboration with Perfinity Biosciences, Inc., is a multi-column apparatus that automates protein separations and mass spec sample preparation. Automated integration of affinity selection, buffer exchange, proteolysis and desalting steps enables users to start with serum and in 10 minutes have peptides ready for LC/MS analysis.
The Perfinity Workstation from Seyet LLC on Vimeo.
MSACL 2012 Workshop
Prepare Your Lab for the Future…
From Automated Sample Prep to Ultrafast Mass Spectrometry
Presented at The Association for Mass Spectrometry Applications to the Clinical Lab (MSACL) 2012 conference, this workshop consists of the following presentations:
" Achieving Truly Ultrafast UHPLC-MS-MS, Jeff Dahl, Shimadzu Scientific Instruments
" The Perfinity Workstation: A Faster, More Reproducible, Fully-automated Sample Prep Platform, Kevin Meyer, Perfinity Biosciences
" Integrating the Perfinity Workstation into the Biomarker Validation Pipeline for Diagnostic Assays, Christine Jelinek, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Download the PDF now. (4 MB)
" Serum to purified peptides in < 10 min.
" Hands free operation - fully automated
" Exceptional reproducibility (peptide % CVs < 10)
" Significant reduction in cost per sample
" Easily customizable
" Mass Spec Sample Prep
" Assay Development
" Protein Purification
" Drug Development
" Biomarker Discovery
Shimadzu and Perfinity are proud that the Perfinity Workstation was recognized by R&D Magazine as one of the top 100 new technologies for 2011. We would like to thank all the editors and review panel for this honor.
Check out the following articles published in Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News for more proof:
" Automating Protein Sample Preparation - visit here
" Protein Sample Prep Zeroes In on Quality Data - visit here
For additional information, please feel free to visit http://www.perfinity.com/.
Available in North America
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/24/16). "Press Release: Launch of the 7th Phase for Environmental Monitoring Project with the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]