Document › Details
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (2/18/10). "Press Release: Shimadzu, Ceres Nanosciences and Nonlinear Dynamics Introduce Nanotrap Biomarker Discovery Platform".
|Organisation||Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc. (SSI)|
|Organisation 2||Ceres Nanociences Inc.|
|Product||Nanotrap™ Biomarker Discovery Platform|
|Product 2||AXIMA™ mass spectrometer (product series)|
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments has partnered with Ceres Nanosciences and Nonlinear Dynamics to bring the future of biomarker discovery to laboratory researchers. The Nanotrap™ Biomarker Discovery Platform gives researchers the ability to enrich, preserve and screen low-level biomarkers directly from complex biological samples.
Nanotraps are core shell hydrogel particles with porous interiors and size exclusion shells. By delivering affinity selection and size exclusion in one step, Shimadzu's Nanotrap Biomarker Discovery Platform easily amplifies low-level biomarkers directly from complex biological fluids. This enables the harvesting of low-abundance biomarkers directly from complex samples, making early disease detection possible.
Biomarkers in current clinical use have low sensitivity and specificity, and limited use for early disease detection. Nanotraps meet this challenge by providing fractionation, concentration and protection of low-level biomarkers directly from complex biological fluids.
Integrating Nanotraps with AXIMA MALDI mass spectrometry for screening and identification provides researchers these benefits:
* Enriched and concentrated low-abundance proteins from complex bio-fluid samples
* Prevents protein degradation during sample processing
* Decrease amount of high-abundance proteins present in samples
* Does not require antibodies for immunodepletion or immunoprecipitation
* Simple format and quick sample processing technique
* Fully-integrated informatics capabilities (Progenesis MALDI, Nonlinear Dynamics)
* Simplified screening and identification for biomarker discovery and validation
When used with the AXIMA MALDI mass spectrometers, Nanotrap-enriched samples are analyzed rapidly and reproducibly in a fully automated format. Additionally, disposable Fleximass-DS targets are available for contamination-free analysis and sample archiving.
Progenesis MALDI, the software component of the Nanotrap Biomarker Discovery Platform, generates high-quality proteomics data to define biomarkers. It uses the unique Progenesis approach and technology to improve the reliability and reproducibility of results, and it adds speed, objectivity and statistics to biomarker discovery.
About Ceres Nanosciences LLLP
Ceres Nanosciences, LLLP is a privately held company focused on the development of diagnostic products using its unique and proprietary Nanotrap™ capture particle technology. Ceres' business goals are to develop a number of commercial applications of the Nanotrap™ for high-demand diagnostics and other needs in the life science industry.
About Nonlinear Dynamics
Nonlinear Dynamics develops proteomics analysis software that is different, ground-breaking and above all designed to help you generate reliable conclusions that are reproducible across-labs. Our new way of thinking has been applied to LC-MS, MALDI and 2D data analysis so you can make a real difference using a combination of the right techniques, your expertise and our Progenesis software. Our TotalLab laboratory products for 1D gel analysis provide quick and simple quantitation through to in-depth lane relationship studies, as well as offering features for research that requires 21CFR part 11 compliance.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/24/16). "Press Release: Launch of the 7th Phase for Environmental Monitoring Project with the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]