Document › Details
Shimadzu Corporation. (5/11/16). "Press Release: Release of CLAM-2000, Fully Automated Sample Preparation Module for LCMS (RUO – for Research Use Only)".
|Product||CLAM-2000 Fully Automated Sample Preparation Module for LCMS (RUO)|
|Product 2||LCMS-8040 triple quadrupole mass spectrometer (Shimadzu)|
Shimadzu, one of the world leaders in analytical instrumentation, has released a new and unique fully automated sample preparation module (RUO) connected online for LCMS to the four major clinical research markets in Europe (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain).
In recent years, there has been considerable progress in the use of mass spectrometers (MS) in the clinical research field due to its ability for high sensitivity detection, high specificity, as well as possibilities of multiplexing analysis without the risk of cross reactions inherent to immuno-assays.
The direct detection of disease related biological compounds in blood, urine, or other biological samples, the measurement of trace concentration levels of drugs, and other applications are possible thanks to Mass Spectrometry, but the bottleneck remains sample preparation which is often tedious, risk of errors, and also increases the risk of contamination of people dealing with sample preparation.
In order to automatize the pretreatment of blood or other biological samples before LCMS analysis, SHIMADZU has developed a fully automated Sample Preparation Module named CLAM-2000 (Clinical Laboratory Automated sample preparation Module). The CLAM-2000 (RUO) is an automatic pretreatment system designed for customers that handle blood samples in pharmaceutical departments, medical departments, or biological analysis laboratories that are dealing with issues of variability in analytical results or infection risk.
By simply placing blood collection tubes in the system, the CLAM-2000 performs all other processes through to LCMS analysis automatically. Unlike dispensing systems, that are based on batch processing 96-well plates, the CLAM-2000 is completely automatic from pretreatment to analysis and processes individual samples successively in parallel. Consequently, it results in uniform pretreatment times between samples, without slowing processing speed, and improves data reproducibility and accuracy.
Available pretreatment processes include:
(1) dispensing samples,
(2) dispensing reagents,
(4) suction filtration,
(6) automatic transfer of sample vials to an SIL-30AC autosampler after pretreatment.
Consequently, the new CLAM-2000 is the first system in the world able to perform all steps fully automated from pretreatment of the sample to LCMS analysis, requiring only the simple task of placing the blood, or biological fluids collection tubes, reagents, internal standards and specialized pretreatment vials in the system.
It also features excellent management functions that can provide a dramatically improved workflow with better safety for clinical research and higher reproducibility.
It is compatible with the LCMS TQ systems LCMS-8040 LCMS-8050, and LCMS-8060, thus giving a large choice to adapt to sensitivity needs.
This product is intended for research use only (RUO). Not for use in diagnostic, therapeutic, and medication procedure.
For more details, visit
Shimadzu CLAM-2000 a Fully Automated Sample Preparation Module (Clinical Laboratory Automated Sample Preparation Module)
[ http://www.shimadzu.com/an/lcms/clam/index.html ]
Record changed: 2016-07-04
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Europe GmbH. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Launch of Shimadzu European Innovation Center"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]