Document › Details
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (6/2/10). "Press Release: Shimadzu and CovalX Launch the AXIMA MegaTOF for Ultrahigh-mass Applications".
|Organisation||Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc. (SSI)|
|Organisation 2||CovalX AG|
|Product||AXIMA MegaTOF™ MALDI Mass Spectrometer|
|Product 2||HM2 high-mass system|
|Index term 2||Shimadzu–CovalX: MegaTOF MALDI mass spectrometer, –201005 collab developm by integrating AXIMA MALDI system with HM2 high-mass system|
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments has partnered with CovalX to offer the AXIMA MegaTOF™, an integrated MALDI solution for ultra high-mass applications, including protein complex characterization, therapeutic protein aggregates, antibody-antigen interactions, polymer analysis and high mass bioimaging.
The high-sensitivity MegaTOF, which combines a high-performance Shimadzu linear MALDI TOF mass spectrometer with a CovalX high-mass detection system, detects macromolecules up to 1,500 kDa. When analyzing intact protein complexes by high-mass MALDI TOF, it is crucial to stabilize the complexes with highly efficient cross-linking reagents. The MegaTOF achieves this with the combination of CovalX's high-mass system offering nM detection of macromolecules up to 1500 kDa and MALDI stabilization kits, which provide special cross-linking reagents and buffers for a fast and specific stabilization of protein interactions.
These reagents contain "cocktails" of cross-linkers with different spacer lengths that can covalently bind specific proteins with a high degree of efficiency, even in contaminated and unpurified samples. Additionally, the MegaTOF can detect protein interactions such as aggregation directly from formulation mixtures, which is important for characterizing biopharmaceuticals.
MegaTOF is also equipped with a conventional detector for low mass samples (<20 kDa). In addition, existing Shimadzu AXIMA MALDI systems (Assurance, Confidence, Performance) can be retrofitted with CovalX's HM2 or HM2 TUVO high-mass system.
To learn more about this item, click here.
If you should need more information, or have any questions, you may contact our Press Department:
Phone Number: 1-800-477-1227 / Email: email@example.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/24/16). "Press Release: Launch of the 7th Phase for Environmental Monitoring Project with the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]