Document › Details
Shimadzu Corporation. (8/1/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu to Strengthen Its Measuring Instruments Business in Brazil, Acquired Local Distributor and Aims to Expand Business".
|Organisation||Shimadzu do Brasil Comercio Ltda. (SBL)|
|Organisation 2||SINC do Brasil Instrumentaçâo Cientifica Ltda.|
|Product 2||mass spectrometer|
|Index term||SINC do Brasil–Shimadzu: investment, 201604 acquisition $12m acquisition of all shares + incl relocation cost by Shimadzu do Brasil Comercio|
Shimadzu Corporation acquired SINC (SINC do Brasil Instrumentaçâo Cientifica Ltda.), a local distributor, via its Brazilian sales subsidiary SBL (Shimadzu do Brasil Comercio Ltda.) on April 29. Shimadzu has invested US$ 12 million in SBL, not only to purchase SINC but also to move its headquarters to Barueri in the state of Sao Paulo. This will involve construction of a new laboratory, which aims to provide performance evaluations and develop analysis methods, and expansion of a training facility for customers. These developments are designed to strengthen sales and customer relations within the analytical and measuring instruments business in Brazil and throughout South America as a whole.
SBL was founded in 1988, and for the past 28 years has shared with SINC the work of sales and service to Shimadzu's analytical and measuring instruments in Brazil. The purchase of the company will allow direct sales by the manufacturer, as well as development of new private-sector markets and strengthening of aftermarket business, thereby further expanding business results in South American markets, including Brazil, where medium to long-term growth is expected.
Outline of SBL's Acquistion of SINC
> SBL has purchased all shares of SINC, and will absorb and merge with SINC during the current fiscal year.
> Total investment: US$ 12 million, including the cost of relocating the headquarters, building a new laboratory, constructing a training facility, and purchasing SINC.
> Integration of domestic business premises within Brazil, and construction of new premises to create a structure incorporating eight premises (SBL currently has four premises).
> Performance target: For fiscal 2019, BRL 140 million (US$ 40 million, calculated at BRL 3.5 to US$ 1) in independent sales by SBL.
Shimadzu Corporation and SINC shake hands. From left, Mr. Fujii (Director of SBL), Mr. Juarez (Director of SINC), Mr. Takayanagi (Director of SLA), Mr. Nakamine (Director of SBL), Mr. Antonio (Director of SINC), Mr. Matoba (President of SBL), and Mr. Miura (Managing Executive Officer of Shimadzu Corporation).
Shimadzu do Brasil Comercio Ltda.
(Shimadzu Corporation's corporate entity in Brazil)
Head Office: City of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
No. of employees: 99
Sales: BRL 45.293 million (2015)
SINC do Brasil Instrumentaçâo Cientifica Ltda.
Head Office: City of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
No. of employees: 96
Sales: BRL 44.335 million (2015)
Record changed: 2016-09-18
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Europe GmbH. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Launch of Shimadzu European Innovation Center"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]