Document › Details
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (3/11/11). "Press Release: New Perfinity Workstation Automates Protein Sample Preparation".
|Organisation||Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc. (SSI)|
|Organisation 2||Perfinity Biosciences Inc.|
|Product||Perfinity Workstation (Automated Protein Sample Prep)|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Index term 2||Shimadzu–Perfinity: protein sample preparation, –201103 collab co-development Perfinity Workstation for LC-MS sample prep|
Enables users to start with serum and have peptides ready for LC/MS analysis in as little as 10 minutes
Scientists know that the most important part of mass-spec analysis is the preceding separation process. That's why Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, in partnership with Perfinity Biosciences Inc., has developed the Perfinity Workstation, a multi-column apparatus that automates protein separations and mass spec sample preparation for more efficient LC/MS analysis.
The Perfinity Workstation uses utilizes Shimadzu hardware components in conjunction with five Perfinity Optimized columns that each perform a step of the mass-spec sample-preparation process - affinity selection, buffer exchange, digestion, desalting and reverse-phase separation. The automated integration of these steps enables users to start with serum and have peptides ready for LC/MS analysis in 10 minutes. The automated process removes much of the equipment and labor associated with mass-spec analyses of proteins.
The Perfinity Workstation combines the selectivity of antibodies with the resolving power of chromatography. Buffer exchange and desalting are performed on-line. The reduction in sample-processing time enables users to screen a variety of conditions rapidly.
The major advantage of the Perfinity Workstation's sample-preparation approach is that users are not required to immobilize antibodies. Instead, scientists can add antibodies directly to the sample. By removing the immobilization process, users have eliminated a potential source of error, making LC/MS analysis with Perfinity Workstation more accurate and reliable.
This platform is customizable across several application areas, including assay development, protein purification, drug development and biomarker discovery. For example, methods built into the workstation automate core steps of assay development, limiting the amount of protocol optimization required.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/24/16). "Press Release: Launch of the 7th Phase for Environmental Monitoring Project with the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]