Document › Details
Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer".
|Product||i-Series HPLC Food Safety Analyzer Antimicrobial Screening System|
|Product 2||i-Series HPLC Food Safety Analyzer Mycotoxin Screening System|
> Release of Special HPLC Analyzers Enabling High-Sensitivity Detection at Residual Standard Concentrations
> Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer
Shimadzu Corporation announces the release of two i-Series HPLC analyzers for food safety requirements: a mycotoxin screening system and a synthetic antimicrobial screening system. These new analyzers support the need for fast, high-sensitivity examinations for controlled components such as mold toxins (mycotoxins) and synthetic antimicrobials (sulfa-based and quinolone-based agents) included in the raw materials for food products.
Background to the Development
Measurement methods for mold toxins, synthetic antimicrobials and other controlled components are prescribed in the official regulations of each country in the world. Exported food must be carefully tested for the presence of controlled components, according to the regulations of the destination country. Multiple cycles of analysis must be performed for each sample.
In consideration of this fact, Shimadzu has released the i-Series food safety analyzers, which are based on the i-Series of integrated high performance liquid chromatographs (HPLC).
The i-Series food safety analyzers can rapidly process large numbers of food samples, by performing screening analyses of up to 10 mycotoxines or 24 synthetic antimicrobials, including components that are currently controlled or may be regulated in the future.
1. High-Sensitivity Detection of Mycotoxins at maximum residue levels as regulated by the European comission*1
Mold toxins refers to those metabolites produced by mold adhering to foods; they are toxic and harmful to people and animals. Recently, there has been an increase in voluntary examinations for mold toxins included in raw materials to promote food product safety. The mycotoxin screening system can detect 10 mycotoxins at EU standard concentrations, the strictest in the world, at high sensitivity in a mere 14 minutes. Due to proprietary pretreatment methods, derivatization of samples is not required, which streamlines the measurement process.
2. Measurement of Samples Can Start Immediately Using Analytical Conditions and Columns in a Kit
A special kit that includes analytical conditions for controlled components and special analytical columns allows measuring samples immediately.*2 Further, even inexperienced analysts can collect consistent data by referring to written instructions that summarize key points for each applicable sample.*3 Also, qualitative information on the synthetic antimicrobials detected can be complemented by UV spectral library searches, heightening the reliability of the data obtained.
3. Screening Results Can Be Checked at a Glance As Soon As Measurements Are Completed
Results can be checked quickly with LabSolutions analysis software. Measurement data, such as whether controlled components are not exceeding their control values, or whether they are being separated properly from contaminant components, can be listed, enabling sample pass/fail judgments to be performed at a glance.
For more details, visit
Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer: Mycotoxin Screening System
Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer: Antimicrobial Screening System
*1: Food products for infants are excluded.
*2: In addition to the screening kits, you must prepare standard samples for controlled components, pretreatment cartridges, and mobile phases.
*3: The systems support rapid screening for 10 mycotoxins applicable to wheat flour, rice flour and other grains, as well as apples and milk samples; and 24 synthetic antimicrobials applicable to chicken, pork, and beef samples.
Record changed: 2016-08-30
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Europe GmbH. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Launch of Shimadzu European Innovation Center"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/24/16). "Press Release: Launch of the 7th Phase for Environmental Monitoring Project with the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)". Kyoto....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]