Document › Details
Shimadzu Corporation. (8/2/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu Corporation Starts Operation of New Analytical and Measuring Instruments Plant in Malaysia".
|Organisation||Shimadzu Manufacturing Asia Sdn. Bhd. (SMA)|
|Organisation 2||Shimadzu Corporation|
|Product 2||mass spectrometer|
|Person||Suematsu, Norihiro (Shimadzu 201606 Managing Director of Shimadzu Manufacturing Asia Sdn Bhd)|
|Person 2||Maruyama, Shuzo (Shimadzu 201507– General Manager Analytical + Measuring div before President of SSI)|
- Strengthening Business Operations in ASEAN and India Regions
On June 17, Shimadzu Corporation (Kyoto, Japan; President Teruhisa Ueda) held an opening ceremony and started operations at Shimadzu Manufacturing Asia Sdn. Bhd. (SMA), Shimadzu's new analytical and measuring instruments manufacturing plant in Malaysia.
The new manufacturing subsidiary was incorporated in Malaysia in January 2015. It is a major part of Shimadzu's efforts to drive additional business growth and achieve the goals specified in Shimadzu's medium-term management plan (FY 2014 to FY 2016), which identifies India and the ASEAN member countries as key growth markets.
By manufacturing and supplying products that are competitive in terms of quality, price, and lead times, the new plant will ensure Shimadzu's ability to achieve growth now and over the long term.
Overview of the New Manufacturing Location
Name Shimadzu Manufacturing Asia Sdn. Bhd. (SMA)
(a wholly-owned subsidiary of Shimadzu Corporation)
Location Sendayan TechValley, Negeri Sembilan State, Malaysia
Building 5,350m2 property size (single story building)
Capitalization 66 million ringgit (about 2.3 billion yen)
Representative Managing Director Norihiro Suematsu
Employees 61 in first year and 168 planned by FY 2020
Products Spectrophotometers, chromatographs, and chromatograph mass spectrometers
Annual sales About 2.9 billion yen planned for FY 2021
First shipments Planned for end of September 2016
Opening Ceremony on June 17
(Far right: SMA Managing Director Suematsu; third and fourth from right: Managing Executive Officers Maruyama and Mase from Shimadzu Corporation)
Record changed: 2016-09-18
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/24/16). "Press Release: Launch of the 7th Phase for Environmental Monitoring Project with the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]