Document › Details
Sigma-Aldrich Corporation. (12/3/13). "Press Release: Sigma-Aldrich Introduces Cost-efficient, Monodisperse Porous Silica Titan Ultra High Performce Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC) Columns". St. Louis, MO.
|Organisation||Supelco (division of Sigma-Aldrich)|
|Group||Merck (DE) (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Glantreo Ltd.|
|Product||Titan™ UHPLC column (Supelco)|
|Product 2||column (chromatography)|
|Index term||Sigma-Aldrich–Glantreo: LC column technology, 201312 collab developm + license Ecoprous silica manufacturing process|
|Person||Ross, Paul (Sigma-Aldrich 201312 Director Marketing + RnD Analytical Separations)|
Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (NASDAQ: SIAL) today announced its Supelco® brand has released Titan UHPLC columns manufactured using the Company's new cost-efficient, patent-pending Ecoporous™ silica manufacturing process. Starting at a list price of $300, Titan columns contain the first sub-2 micrometer porous silica that is monodisperse and high-performance ( > 250,000 plates per meter), combining the advantages of solid-core and fully-porous particles.
"The Titan columns' reduction in the cost to perform UHPLC will not only improve the productivity of pharmaceutical and contract research organizations currently employing UHPLC for medicinal chemistry, toxicology, and clinical manufacturing, but will also extend the opportunity for budget-conscious academic labs focused on translational research to achieve industry-standard analytical performance and throughput," says Paul Ross, Director of Marketing and R&D, Analytical Separations at Sigma-Aldrich.
The Ecoporous manufacturing process emerged from a collaboration between Glantreo, a material science company based in Cork, Ireland, and Supelco. Supelco retains an exclusive license to this technology.
For more information, visit sigma-aldrich.com/titan.
Cautionary Statement: The foregoing release contains forward-looking statements that can be identified by terminology such as "patent-pending," "will improve" or similar expressions, or by expressed or implied discussions regarding potential future revenues from products derived there from. You should not place undue reliance on these statements. Such forward-looking statements reflect the current views of management regarding future events, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. There can be no guarantee that this or any other product offering will assist the Company to achieve any particular levels of revenue in the future. In particular, management's expectations regarding this product offering could be affected by, among other things, the Company's ability to obtain or maintain patent or other proprietary intellectual property protection; competition in general; government, industry and general public pricing pressures; the impact that the foregoing factors could have on the values attributed to the Company's assets and liabilities as recorded in its consolidated balance sheet, and other risks and factors referred to in Sigma-Aldrich's current Form 10-K on file with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those anticipated, believed, estimated or expected. Sigma-Aldrich is providing the information in this press release as of this date and does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this press release as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
About Sigma-Aldrich: Sigma-Aldrich, a leading Life Science and High Technology company focused on enhancing human health and safety, manufactures and distributes more than 200,000 chemicals, biochemicals and other essential products to more than 1.4 million customers globally in research and applied labs as well as in industrial and commercial markets. With three distinct business units - Research, Applied and SAFC Commercial - Sigma-Aldrich is committed to enabling science to improve the quality of life. The Company operates in 38 countries, has more than 9,000 employees worldwide and had sales of $2.6 billion in 2012. For more information about Sigma-Aldrich, please visit its website at www.sigma-aldrich.com.
Sigma-Aldrich, and Supelco are trademarks of Sigma-Aldrich Co, LLC registered in the US and other countries. Titan and Ecoporous are trademarks of Sigma-Aldrich, Co LLC.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Merck (DE) (Group)
-  Merck KGaA. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Merck Acquires BioControl to Strengthen Position in Food Safety Testing". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Merck Raises Profit Forecast for 2016 Following Good Third Quarter". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/13/16). "Press Release: Merck Introduces First Certified Spiking Solution of Heavy Labeled Thyroglobulin Protein". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/13/16). "Press Release: Merck Sets Its Sights on 2018 and Outlines Future Strategic Roadmap". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Merck Unveils New State-of-the-Art M Lab Collaboration Center in Korea". Incheon....
-  Merck KGaA. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Merck to Present New Research Focused on Hard-to-Treat Cancers at ESMO 2016 [Not for U.S. and UK media]". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (9/26/16). "Press Release: Merck Launches Viresolve Pro Shield H for More Robust, Economical Parvovirus Removal". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (8/4/16). "Press Release: Merck Lifts Forecast Following Good Second Quarter". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (7/19/16). "Press Release: Merck Starts Construction on $115 Million Multi-faceted Life Science Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (7/18/16). "Press Release: Merck Relaunches Customer Collaboration Centers with New Concept and M Lab Name". Darmstadt....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]