Document › Details
Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (2/17/10). "Press Release: SORD and ACD/Labs Present »Lost Chemistry« to Aid Pharmaceutical Research. First Version of SORD Compound Library for Pharmaceutical Relevant Compounds Now Commercially Available
|Organisation||Advanced Chemistry Development Inc. (ACD/Labs)|
|Organisation 2||SORD project (Selected Organic Reactions Database)|
|Product||SOR database (Selected Organic Reactions Database – SORD)|
|Product 2||cheminformatics software tools|
|Person||Wife, Dick (SORD 201001 CSO)|
In 2006, the organization Selected Organic Reactions Database (SORD) embarked on a program to begin gathering the wealth of valuable information hidden in university libraries around the world. Now, SORD and Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc., (ACD/Labs) are offering the first version of the compound and reaction library as a commercial database available for use with ACD/ChemFolder or ACD/Web Librarian.
The availability of the SOR database provides researchers with a new source of validated chemical reaction data that was previously very difficult, if not impossible, to access. Now placed in an electronic format, and collected in a single source, these chemical structures and reaction data are fully searchable through a variety of structure and text-based searches. The first commercial version of the SORD Database contains thousands of compounds obtained from a host of academic institutions.
In the last 50 years, more than 50 million chemical reactions have been performed successfully in academic research. Yet only about 10 million of these reactions can be accessed through major commercial chemical reaction databases. It is estimated that nearly half of the remaining 40 million reactions have been documented in unpublished theses and dissertations, leaving a rich source of lost, yet validated, chemical reaction data. "This is what we call lost chemistry," says Dick Wife, CSO of SORD. "It is big, it is valuable, and SORD is capturing it."
SORD's initial focus has been to gather those chemical reactions that are relevant to pharmaceutical research. SORD seeks active input from pharmaceutical companies who will use the database to ensure that the format is entirely suitable for data mining.
SORD also makes limited versions of the database freely available to academic institutions that contribute content to the database, and where authors have given permission to make their work public.
Various license and subscription options are available for commercial use of the database.
For more information on how to obtain access to the SOR Database, visit www.acdlabs.com/sord/
To learn more about the SORD project and the organization, visit www.sord.nl
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Advanced Chemistry Development Inc. (ACD/Labs)
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (6/6/16). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Launches MetaSense Platform for Comprehensive and Rapid Metabolite Identification at the 64th American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference". San Antonio, TX....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (12/14/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Introduces Andrew Anderson as Vice President of Business Development". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (10/9/15). "Press Release: Indian Business Groups Honor ACD/Labs’ KK Bhagchandani". Bangalore....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (7/22/15). "Press Release: The Institute of Cancer Research Deploys ACD/Spectrus Processor to Manage and Streamline Processing of Analytical Data". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (7/8/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs and IDBS Partnership Delivers Live Analytical Data to ELN Interface". Toronto, ON & London....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (6/3/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Introduces Free Structure Elucidation Tutorial Software. A New Resource for Structure Elucidation Education". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (5/19/15). "Press Release: Increased Multi-technique Analytical Efficiency in an Academic Environment. Streamlining Analytical Data Interpretations at the University of Angers". Angers....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (3/18/15). "Press Release: Better Academic Chemistry Knowledge Sharing. Building an Analytical Knowledge Management System at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Strasbourg". Strasbourg....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (3/9/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Announces Solution for Open-access Workflows at Pittcon". New Orleans, LA....
-  From »The Analytical Scientist« (Issue 22, November 2014). (11/14). "In My View: Sharing Data – and Knowledge. How to Use a Knowledge Repository that Doesn’t Retire or Leave You for a Competitor (by Steve Thomas)"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]