Document › Details
SpectralWorks Ltd.. (11/1/06). "Press Release: WWEM Announces »Analytical Day«. SpectralWorks Announces an Oral Presentation at the WWEM 2006 Conference on the Use of GC/MS to Determine Water Quality".
|Organisation 2||Thermo Electron Corporation (NYSE: TMO)|
|Today||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Index term 2||water|
|Person||Moncur, John (SpectralWorks 200605– Marketing Director before Thermo Electron before Kratos Analytical)|
The organisers of WWEM 2006 are delighted to announce the inclusion of an 'Analytical Day' at WWEM entitled 'Analytical solutions to safeguard the future of the Environment'. The Analytical conference is designed to meet the needs of those involved with environmental analysis within the laboratory. It will take place on the first day of WWEM (1st November 2006) at the Telford International Centre.
The quality of both the Environment in which we live and the water that we consume are of paramount importance. Never in the history of Science has so much been understood about the pollution that we have added to the environment but also the need for the utilisation of state-of-the-art analytical technologies to understand, measure and ultimately control, the level of pollutants is being recognised. To this end the need for exchanges of knowledge on all fronts is paramount, encompassing the knowledge base of experts involved in the Environmental, Water and Wastewater monitoring Industries. The bringing together of a group of such experts to convey current Instrumentation and Application knowledge to scientists engaged in the monitoring of pollutants in water and the environment, and resultant feed back, will improve the ability of the analyst to routinely monitor pollutants using new and exciting analytical techniques.
Mass Spectrometry in its various forms is now an every day tool for those involved in such types of analysis and experts associated with the industry will gather to offer solutions and thought provoking observations on the challenges facing analysts. The Keynote lecture by Prof. Graham Bonwick from the University of Chester will present alternatives to traditional methods of analysing environmental samples by proposing the use of Biomolecules.
The programme will be as follows:
10.00 - 10.05. Welcome remarks by Chairman, Bernie Monaghan
10.05 - 10.50. 'The effects of changing the method parameters for measuring Total Bounded Nitrogen in waste water by Combustion and Chemiluminescense'. Kees Van Der Sar Product Marketing Manager, Thermo Electron Corporation.
10.50 - 11.15. 'The Supelco Dioxin Prep System - Florisil Version: A multi-layer silica gel column connected in series to an activated florisil micro-column for rapid determinations of PCDD/F's and PCB's in environmental samples"'. Nicholas Ordsmith, Hall Analytical Laboratories, Manchester
11.15 - 11.45. Coffee
11.45 - 12.15. 'The use of GC/MS to Determine Water Quality.' Sue Goodwin1, Rex Lewis1, John Moncur2, Scott Campbell2 . (1 Bristol Water PLC, 2 SpectralWorks, Runcorn, Ches)
12.15 - 13.00. 'The use of Mass Spectrometry for the Analysis of Contaminants in Water' Antonietta Gledhill, Chemical Analysis Market Development Specialist , Waters Corporation
13.00 - 14.00 LUNCH
14.00 - 14.30. 'Advanced GCxGC-TOF/MS for water analysis' Lorraine Kay, Separation Science Specialist, LECO Instruments UK
14.30 - 15.15. 'Sample Preparation and Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography for Water Analysis' Hannah White, Business Development Manager, Chemistry Operations, Waters Corporation
15.15-16.00. Biomolecules, still a role in Wastewater and Environmental analysis? Graham Bonwick, Chris Smith, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Chester
16.00 - 16.15 Closing Remarks
For further information about SpectralWorks, please call +44 1606 333 946 or visit www.spectralworks.com.
SpectralWorks is a company dedicated to the provision of advanced software solutions for the acquisition and analysis of complex mass spectral data.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for SpectralWorks Ltd.
-  SpectralWorks Ltd.. (8/26/16). "Press Release: SpectralWorks Releases AnalyzerPro Version 5.3"....
-  SpectralWorks Ltd.. (11/7/13). "Press Release: AnalyzerPro Goes to the Dogs – »Scentomics« to Protect Endangered African Wild Dogs"....
-  SpectralWorks Ltd.. (11/16/10). "Press Release: AnalyzerPro as MSc Teaching Tool at University of Melbourne"....
-  SpectralWorks Ltd.. (10/5/10). "Press Release: 2nd Australasian Symposium on Metabolomics and Metabolomics Workshop. 30th September to 5th October 2010 [press release date approx.]"....
-  SpectralWorks Ltd.. (4/13/10). "Press Release: SpectralWorks Announces Labcare Scientific as Distributor for PR China"....
-  SpectralWorks Ltd.. (2/22/10). "Press Release: AnalyzerPro Used by DHMRI for Metabolomics Research"....
-  SpectralWorks Ltd.. (12/1/09). "Press Release: SpectralWorks Announces Distributor for Japan"....
-  SpectralWorks Ltd.. (11/3/09). "Press Release: AgResearch to Use SpectralWorks Software for Metabolomics Research"....
-  SpectralWorks Ltd.. (10/16/09). "Press Release: SpectralWorks Announces American and Canadian Distributor"....
-  SpectralWorks Ltd.. (1/27/09). "Press Release: AnalyzerPro Software for »Metabolomics Australia«"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]