Document › Details
Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (9/1/10). "Press Release: SPECTRO ARCOS 165 Completes SPECTRO’s ICP-OES Portfolio. New CIP-OES Simultaneously Captures the Spectrum fomr 165 to 770 nm". Kleve.
|Organisation||Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH|
|Organisation 2||JAIMA (Japan Analytical Instruments Manufacturers Association)|
|Product 2||environmental analysis|
|Person||Schulz, Olaf (Ametek 201009 Product Manager ICP-OES at SPECTRO)|
* Proven quality components from flagship SPECTRO ARCOS guarantee lowest detection limits and highest precision
* Optimized for high sample throughput environmental analysis
JAIMA EXPO 2010 (September 1-3, 2010, Tokyo): SPECTRO presents the new SPECTRO ARCOS 165 for the first time. The optical emission spectrometer with inductively coupled plasma (ICP-OES) records the elemental spectrum between 165 and 770 nanometer for every measurement; making it especially suited to challenging tasks in environmental analysis. SPECTRO ARCOS 165 rounds out the ICP-OES analyzer product series between the flagship SPECTRO ARCOS and the entry-level SPECTRO GENESIS.
"The engineering of the SPECTRO ARCOS 165 is based completely on the high-end components utilized in our flagship ARCOS system and achieves exactly the same detection limits, the same precision and equally reproducible results," explains Olaf Schulz, Product Manager for ICP-OES spectrometers at SPECTRO. The optical system is the only difference between the models: While the ARCOS records the entire spectrum starting at 130 nanometers for every measurement, the trimmed down ARCOS 165 measures the wavelength range beginning at 165 nanometers. Schulz: "In practice, this is only noticeable for halogen and metal matrix analysis applications - two applications that don't play a major role in many laboratories. Customers that can do without this wavelength range of 130-165 are rewarded with the exceptional ARCOS performance at a very attractive price."
The SPECTRO ARCOS 165 technical highlights include:
* its proven optic design with an excellent resolution of 8.5 picometer in the wavelength range between 165 and 340 nanometer, and 15 picometer in the range from 340 to 770 nanometer
* its unshakeable free-running 27 MHz generator with continuous, stable plasma power. The extremely robust excitation source with a 5 kilowatt power tube has sufficient power reserves even for peak plasma loads
* the gas-filled optic, an economical closed argon circuit that sinks the operating costs of the instrument by up to 1,900 Euro (> 2,000 USD) per year
* the extremely user friendly and powerful Smart Analyzer Vision (SAV) software, that is completely compatible with all environmental analysis guidelines and transforms complex testing protocols, like US EPA 200.7, into routine simplicity.
Equipped for Environmental Analysis
Olaf Schulz sees the rapidly growing market for environmental analysis as the major area of use for the SPECTRO ARCOS 165: "This instrument can play out its strengths - lowest detection levels and highest precision - with the analysis of water, waste water, soil or sludge," reports Olaf Schulz. A further plus point in this area, emphasizes Schulz, is the instrument's enormous sample throughput: "In automated laboratory operation, the ARCOS 165 can process up to 80 samples per hour; making it an excellent choice for high throughput environmental laboratories."
SPECTRO is one of the worldwide leading suppliers of analytical instruments for optical emission and X-ray fluorescence spectrometry. SPECTRO manufactures advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for strongly varying applications and provides exemplary customer service. SPECTRO's products are exemplified by unique technical capabilities that deliver measureable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 30,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors with an annual turnover of approximately 2.1 billion US$. AMETEK's corporate growth plan is based on four key strategies: Operative excellence, strategic acquisitions and alliances, geographic and market expansion as well as new products. AMETEK's common stock is a component of the S&P MidCap 400 Index and the Russell 1000 Index.
Please contact Tom Milner for additional information, Tel: +49.2821.892-0,
Fax: +49.2821.892-2200, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for AMETEK (Group)
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/4/16). "Press Release: AMETEK to Present at Baird’s 2016 Global Industrial Conference". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Completes Private Placement Offering. Note Offering of 500 Million Euros and 225 Million British Pounds". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Acquires Laserage Technology Corporation. Leader in Laser Fabrication for Medical Device Market". Berwyn, PA....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Spectro Introduces New Spectroblue ICP-OES Analyzer with Powerful New Generator for Ultra-Precise Analysis, Higher Productivity". Kleve....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Dr. Christoph Mätzig Named Managing Director, Spectro Analytical Instruments". Kleve....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: ProMaxion Mass Spectrometer Proven Accurate and Effective in Determing Flare Gas Hot Values". Pittsburgh, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (8/4/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Completes Two Acquisitions. Nu Instruments Adds to Position in High-End Elemental Analysis – HS Foils Brings Unique Technology to Materials Analysis Business". Berwyn, PA....
-  Blue Scientific Ltd.. (1/15/16). "Press Release: Blue Scientific Now Exclusive Distributor for Ametek in Ireland"....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (1/21/15). "Press Release: New Spectro Arcos High-resolution ICP-OES Spectrometer for Elemental Analysis Surpasses Performance Limitations". Kleve....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]