Document › Details
Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Dr. Christoph Mätzig Named Managing Director, Spectro Analytical Instruments". Kleve.
|Organisation||Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH|
|Organisation 2||Leica Microsystems GmbH|
|Person||Mätzig, Christoph (AMETEK 201610– Managing Director at Spectro before Leica Microsystems + Heraeus + Balzer Process)|
|Person 2||Bergsch, Manfred A. (AMETEK –201606 Managing Director SPECTRO GmbH RETIRED 7/16)|
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH today announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elemental analysis.
Dr. Mätzig joins SPECTRO from Leica Microsystems, where he led various microscopy businesses. Prior to Leica, he worked for Heraeus, a German technology group, as a Division Manager and for Balzer Process Systems as a Key Account Manager.
A native of Schleswig-Holstein, Dr. Mätzig obtained his doctorate in 1997 from the Institute for Microtechnology, University of Hannover, Germany. The 51-year-old has three children and will relocate with his family to the Kleve area around the turn of the year.
At a recent employee introduction, Dr. Mätzig outlined his principle focus as the Managing Director of SPECTRO. “Innovation is very important to me and is what SPECTRO is recognized for worldwide. Innovation is not simply the development of new products, but also includes processes, methods and strategies across all areas of the business. Everyone is called upon to consider this in his or her unit,” he noted.
He also considered employee satisfaction another high priority. “Only satisfied personnel will continue to work well over the long term. My door is always open,” he added.
During his first weeks at SPECTRO, Dr. Mätzig sees himself as a student. “I have a lot to learn. I will look carefully at our products, technologies and processes. I will acquire as much knowledge as possible. I want to do my part in seeing that SPECTRO continues its successful path into the future.”
Nick Grant, Vice President of AMETEK’s Material Analysis Division, SPECTRO’s parent company, looks forward to the collaboration: “We are very happy to have Dr. Mätzig join SPECTRO. His background combines technical excellence with years of management and leadership experience. He is an excellent choice to succeed Manfred Bergsch. We are certain that under his direction SPECTRO will continue its successful record of developing innovative products and achieving growth.” Grant offered special thanks to Michael Privik und Rolf Singendonk, who together assisted with the administration of the company during the transition period. “Both performed exceptionally good work, and we thank both very much,” he added.
Record changed: 2016-12-23
More documents for AMETEK (Group)
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/4/16). "Press Release: AMETEK to Present at Baird’s 2016 Global Industrial Conference". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Completes Private Placement Offering. Note Offering of 500 Million Euros and 225 Million British Pounds". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Acquires Laserage Technology Corporation. Leader in Laser Fabrication for Medical Device Market". Berwyn, PA....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Spectro Introduces New Spectroblue ICP-OES Analyzer with Powerful New Generator for Ultra-Precise Analysis, Higher Productivity". Kleve....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: ProMaxion Mass Spectrometer Proven Accurate and Effective in Determing Flare Gas Hot Values". Pittsburgh, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (8/4/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Completes Two Acquisitions. Nu Instruments Adds to Position in High-End Elemental Analysis – HS Foils Brings Unique Technology to Materials Analysis Business". Berwyn, PA....
-  Blue Scientific Ltd.. (1/15/16). "Press Release: Blue Scientific Now Exclusive Distributor for Ametek in Ireland"....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (1/21/15). "Press Release: New Spectro Arcos High-resolution ICP-OES Spectrometer for Elemental Analysis Surpasses Performance Limitations". Kleve....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (8/5/14). "Press Release: Ametek Announces Two Acquisitions. Amptek, Inc. Broadens Ametek’s Materials Analysis Capabilities – Luphos GmbH Adds Unique Technology to Ametek’s Metrology Platform". Berwyn, PA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]