Document › Details
Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (5/17/11). "Press Release: SPECTRO XEPOS HE XRF Instrument Sets a New Standard for the Quantification of Heavy Elements". Kleve.
Optimized excitation and detection guarantee outstanding sensitivity and accuracy for the analysis of metals and heavy metals in a wide range of material
In May 2011 SPECTRO Analytical Instruments will be showing the SPECTRO XEPOS HE X-ray fluorescence analytical instrument for the first time. The new model in the SPECTRO XEPOS series is optimized for the analysis of medium and heavy elements. In this area, it achieves detection limits that are a factor of 5 to 10 times better than conventional ED-XRF instruments. The SPECTRO XEPOS HE - "HE" stands for "Heavy Elements" - has been developed mainly for laboratories in the environmental analysis, geology and waste disposal areas.
"Commonly used XRF instruments are setup for rapid screening analyses and for the quantification of many elements; they often determine the concentrations of heavy elements only in screening quality," explains Dirk Wissmann, Product Manager for XRF at SPECTRO. "But especially heavy elements like cadmium or antimony are of great interest for many applications. This is why we've added the XEPOS HE to our range of products - an instrument that offers all the advantages of modern XRF, but, with its innovative design, is able to reliably quantify even heavy elements in ppm ranges."
The highlight in the SPECTRO XEPOS HE is its flexible excitation source: The instrument uses an extremely stable end-window tube with a power of only 50 Watt. The target changer with up to eight polarization and secondary targets enables users to achieve excellent sensitivity and accuracy for an ED-XRF instrument during the analysis of medium and heavy elements.
Choice between Two Detector Sizes
The SPECTRO XEPOS HE is available in two detector models to ensure seamless integration into laboratory operation: The standard instrument utilizes the newest type of silicon drift detector with a 10 mm² surface. Using internal collimation, it achieves a very good signal to noise ratio and delivers, with its high resolution and high count rate, extremely accurate measurements in the shortest of times. For especially demanding environments, the XEPOS HE can be equipped with an optional, three times larger 30 mm² detector. With the larger surface area it provides much higher sensitivities - and gives laboratories the ability to decide: measure a great deal faster or achieve lower detection limits.
Suited to Many Applications
As a specialist for the heavy metals, the SPECTRO XEPOS HE is suited to a number of application areas that were not, until now, accessible for ED-XRF instruments. This includes:
* Geological examinations: When analyzing rock samples, geological laboratories are dependent on the reliable quantification of heavy elements - documentation of the arsenic or cadmium contamination in soil, for example. Even in this area, the SPECTRO XEPOS HE provides an exact determination of the concentration.
* Compliance Analyses for Environmental Applications: For a long time, the only internationally binding criterion for consumer goods was the maximum content of 100 ppm cadmium as defined in the RoHS. Meanwhile, many government and commercial organizations are defining stricter limiting values, often in the range of 5 ppm. Conformance with these new limiting values cannot be reliably ensured using conventional XRF instruments - the SPECTRO XEPOS HE, however, provides extremely reliable results in this area.
* Analysis of Waste Oil and Alternative Fuel: When burning alternative fuels, cement works must fulfill increasingly strict legal restrictions and they must document conformance with incoming and outgoing samples. Here too, highest values in ppm ranges are frequently valid for heavy elements. In this application area, which is inaccessible to conventional EDXRF, the XEPOS HE delivers outstanding results.
SPECTRO is one of the worldwide leading suppliers of analytical instruments for optical emission and X-ray fluorescence spectrometry. SPECTRO manufactures advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for strongly varying applications and provides exemplary customer service. SPECTRO's products are exemplified by unique technical capabilities that deliver measureable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 30,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors with an annual turnover of approximately 2.5 billion US$. AMETEK's corporate growth plan is based on four key strategies: Operative excellence, strategic acquisitions and alliances, geographic and market expansion as well as new products. AMETEK's common stock is a component of the S&P MidCap 400 Index and the Russell 1000 Index.
Please contact Tom Milner for additional information, Tel: +49.2821.892-0, Fax: +49.2821.892-2200, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for AMETEK (Group)
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/4/16). "Press Release: AMETEK to Present at Baird’s 2016 Global Industrial Conference". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Completes Private Placement Offering. Note Offering of 500 Million Euros and 225 Million British Pounds". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Acquires Laserage Technology Corporation. Leader in Laser Fabrication for Medical Device Market". Berwyn, PA....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Spectro Introduces New Spectroblue ICP-OES Analyzer with Powerful New Generator for Ultra-Precise Analysis, Higher Productivity". Kleve....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Dr. Christoph Mätzig Named Managing Director, Spectro Analytical Instruments". Kleve....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: ProMaxion Mass Spectrometer Proven Accurate and Effective in Determing Flare Gas Hot Values". Pittsburgh, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (8/4/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Completes Two Acquisitions. Nu Instruments Adds to Position in High-End Elemental Analysis – HS Foils Brings Unique Technology to Materials Analysis Business". Berwyn, PA....
-  Blue Scientific Ltd.. (1/15/16). "Press Release: Blue Scientific Now Exclusive Distributor for Ametek in Ireland"....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (1/21/15). "Press Release: New Spectro Arcos High-resolution ICP-OES Spectrometer for Elemental Analysis Surpasses Performance Limitations". Kleve....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]