Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (5/24/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Stemina Biomarker Discovery Announce Efforts to Accelerate Stem Cell Metabolite Biomarker Discovery". Santa Clara, CA & Madions, WI.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Stemina Biomarker Discovery Inc.|
|Product||1290 UHPLC system (Agilent)|
|Product 2||6530 Accurate Mass Q-TOF LC/MS system (Agilent)|
|Index term||Stemina–Agilent: mass spectrometer, 201005 supply 6530 Accurate Mass Q-TOF MS+ 1290 Infinity LC + Mass Profiler Professional s/w|
|Person||Donley, Beth (Stemina Biomarker Discovery 201005 CEO)|
|Person 2||Salem, Gustavo (Gus) (IDEX 201605 Group President of IDEX Health & Science before Siscapa + Agilent + Assay Designs)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) and Stemina Biomarker Discovery, Inc. today announced efforts to accelerate Stemina's metobolomic research. Stemina uses metabolomic analysis of stem cells for the discovery of biomarkers for use in drug screening and drug development.
Agilent is providing a 1290 Infinity LC system to separate stem cellular metabolites, coupled to a 6530 Accurate Mass quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometer (Q-TOF MS) to identify those metabolites. Agilent also is providing Mass Profiler Professional software to help Stemina researchers interpret the complex data generated by metabolomics experiments.
"We are pleased to broaden our relationship with Agilent to advance our scientific platform and our discovery of important small molecules involved in developmental toxicity and autism," said Beth Donley, Stemina CEO. "We have used Agilent technology since Stemina began operations in 2007 and have been very pleased with the instrumentation, support and collaboration we have experienced with Agilent."
"Metabolomics is a major growth area for us, and the innovative work being done at Stemina is the kind we like to support," said Gustavo Salem, Agilent vice president and general manager, Biological Systems Division. "We've aggressively built an LC/MS portfolio for the life sciences in recent years, and the Mass Profiler Professional software provides the crucial ability to visualize biological pathways from the massive and complex data sets generated by metabolomics studies."
About Stemina Biomarker Discovery, Inc.
The Stemina research team, founded on research by Chief Scientific Officer Gabriela Cezar, D.V.M., Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of molecular biomarkers to improve drug safety and human health. Paul R. West, Ph.D., is the company's Director of BioAnalytical Chemistry. Stemina's cell based assays arise from the strategic convergence of two cutting edge technologies: human embryonic stem (hES) cells and metabolomics. Stemina uses Agilent mass spectrometry systems to analyze the small molecules secreted by hES cells, and differentiated cells such as heart and neural cells made from hES cells, in response to drugs, injury or disease. The company's research has made significant progress in metabolomic profiling of human embryonic stem cell response to dosing with pharmaceutical agents. The result of this work is "devTox(tm)", an assay to screen pharmaceutical agents for teratogenicity. Information about Stemina is available at www.stemina.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
+1 608 577 9209
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]