Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/17/07). "Press Release: Robust, Targeted Protein Quantification Utilizing Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry".
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||TSQ Quantum Ultra mass spectrometer|
|Person||Mylchreest, Iain (Thermo Fisher 201003 VP Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, announces that targeted protein quantitation in complex matrices can now be routinely achieved by performing high-throughput Highly Selective Reaction Monitoring (H-SRM) analyses using the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum Ultra™ triple quadrupole mass spectrometer. By reducing matrix interference without significant signal loss, the TSQ Quantum Ultra provides enhanced assay sensitivity, selectivity and robustness enabling researchers to accurately quantify more proteins, more reliably.
H-SRM scans are fast (2 milliseconds) and sensitive, allowing practical monitoring and quantitation of hundreds of proteins per second during LC-MS/MS analysis. With this speed, there is no need for complicated "MRM scheduling" methods, all proteins are monitored during the entire analysis. In addition, the triple-quadrupole based method produces high-quality confirmation of peptide structure, as targeted proteins are identified by automatic Data Dependent MS/MS scans.
"The TSQ Quantum instrument is the perfect system for protein quantitation in complex matrices", states Iain Mylchreest, vice president of Thermo Fisher's Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry. He continued, "We have convincingly demonstrated that the combination of fast H-SRM scanning, with peptide confirmation by MS/MS, allows accurate quantitation for targeted biomarker verification or protein pathway analysis. In addition, AQUA labeled internal standards will increase assay accuracy and precision and allow for true, validated protein assays."
The TSQ Quantum™ triple quadrupole system is the only instrument that enables Highly Selective Reaction Monitoring (H-SRM™) performance, allowing complex samples to be analyzed quickly and efficiently. HyperQuad™ quadrupoles yield higher ion transmission, minimizing false positives and maximizing sensitivity. The TSQ Quantum features a unique heated ESI probe with Dual Desolvation Zone technology that further optimizes performance.
For more information on the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum Series of mass spectrometers, please call 1-800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermo.com/ms.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With an annual revenue rate of more than $9 billion, we employ 30,000 people and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]