Document › Details
Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf.
The Tecan Group (SIX Swiss Exchange: TECN) announced today that Dr. Klaus Lun, Head of Corporate Development and a member of the Management Board of the Tecan Group since June 2013, has been appointed Head of the Life Sciences Business division. On December 14, 2016, Tecan announced that Dr. Stefan Traeger, Head of the Life Sciences Business division and member of the Management Board since July 2013, will be leaving Tecan to become Chief Executive Officer of another publicly listed company. Klaus Lun will take over his new role from Stefan Traeger effective February 1, 2017. He will continue in his role as Head of Corporate Development in addition to the new position until a successor for this role has been found. The search for a successor has been initiated.
Tecan CEO Dr. David Martyr commented: "I am very pleased that Klaus Lun will take over the role as Head of the Life Sciences Business division. With his extensive experience in a variety of management positions in the life science industry, his domain knowledge and his detailed understanding of Tecan's business and strategy, he is the ideal candidate for this position. I am also pleased that Klaus will continue ad interim as Head of Corporate Development during the recruitment of a successor as acquisitions remain an important contributor to our overall growth and a key element of our corporate strategy."
Before joining Tecan, Klaus Lun was Vice President Global Product Marketing at Molecular Devices Inc., a company belonging to the Danaher Group, with responsibility for strategy development, positioning and marketing for the entire product portfolio. Prior to this, he was responsible for running the Drug Discovery and Bioresearch business as Vice President Drug Discovery and Bioresearch.
Klaus Lun was Director Business Development from 2007 to 2011 at Leica Microsystems, also part of the Danaher Group, where he was responsible for corporate mergers, takeovers and licensing. He was also closely involved in a number of transactions entered into by the parent company Danaher.
Klaus Lun studied biology at the University of Tübingen and gained his doctorate in neurobiology at the University of Heidelberg. He also has an MBA from the University of Mannheim. Klaus Lun is 44 years old and an Italian citizen.
Tecan (www.tecan.com) is a leading global provider of laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals, forensics and clinical diagnostics. The company specializes in the development, production and distribution of automated workflow solutions for laboratories in the life sciences sector. Its clients include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university research departments, and forensic and diagnostic laboratories. As an original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Tecan is also a leader in developing and manufacturing OEM instruments and components that are then distributed by partner companies. Founded in Switzerland in 1980, the company has manufacturing, research and development sites in both Europe and North America and maintains a sales and service network in 52 countries. In 2015, Tecan generated sales of CHF 440 million (USD 459 million; EUR 411 million). Registered shares of Tecan Group are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (TECN; ISIN CH0012100191).
For further information:
Vice President, Communications & Investor Relations
Tel. +41 (0) 44 922 84 30
Fax +41 (0) 44 922 88 89
Record changed: 2017-04-19
More documents for Tecan (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/5/17). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: Tecan Announces Change in Management Board". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (10/3/16). "Press Release: Tecan Successfully Completes the Acquisition of SPEware Corporation". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/31/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Acquire SPEware Corporation, a Leading Provider for Mass Spectrometry Sample Preparation Solutions". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Tecan Again Posts Double-digit Sales Growth in the First Half of 2016". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (4/13/16). "Press Release: Annual General Meeting 2016 – Tecan Shareholders Endorse All Motions Proposed by the Board of Directors". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Tecan with High Growth in Sales and Net Profit in Fiscal Year 2015". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Tecan Simplifies Large Molecule Bioanalysis. The MSIA Streptavidin EVO Microcolumns Are Designed Specifically for Tecan’s Freedom EVO Platform". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/11/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (11/30/15). "Press Release: Tecan Successfully Completes the Acquisition of Sias". Männedorf....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]