Document › Details
Tecan Group Ltd.. (10/3/16). "Press Release: Tecan Successfully Completes the Acquisition of SPEware Corporation". Männedorf.
|Organisation||Tecan Group Ltd. (SIX Swiss Exchange: TECN)|
|Organisation 2||SPEware Corporation|
|Product||sample preparation (technology)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Index term||SPEware–Tecan: investment, 201608–201609 acquisition of SPEware for $50m in cash + $10m milestones|
|Person||Brändle, Martin (Tecan 201201 Head Corporate Communications + Investor Relations)|
The Tecan Group (SIX Swiss Exchange: TECN) announced today that it has successfully completed the acquisition of SPEware Corporation (SPEware) on September 30, 2016. On August 31, 2016, Tecan announced the acquisition of SPEware, a leading provider for mass spectrometry sample preparation solutions based in Baldwin Park, California (USA), to further expand Tecan's dedicated solutions offering into a new market segment. From October 1, 2016, SPEware will be included in the consolidated financial statements of the Tecan Group as a part of the Life Sciences Business segment.
Additional information can be found on the SPEware webpage:
Tecan (www.tecan.com) is a leading global provider of laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals, forensics and clinical diagnostics. The company specializes in the development, production and distribution of automated workflow solutions for laboratories in the life sciences sector. Its clients include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university research departments, and forensic and diagnostic laboratories. As an original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Tecan is also a leader in developing and manufacturing OEM instruments and components that are then distributed by partner companies. Founded in Switzerland in 1980, the company has manufacturing, research and development sites in both Europe and North America and maintains a sales and service network in 52 countries. In 2015, Tecan generated sales of CHF 440 million (USD 459 million; EUR 411 million). Registered shares of Tecan Group are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (TECN; ISIN CH0012100191).
For further information:
Vice President, Communications & Investor Relations
Tel. +41 (0) 44 922 84 30
Fax +41 (0) 44 922 88 89
Record changed: 2016-11-02
More documents for Tecan (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/5/17). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: Tecan Announces Change in Management Board". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/31/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Acquire SPEware Corporation, a Leading Provider for Mass Spectrometry Sample Preparation Solutions". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Tecan Again Posts Double-digit Sales Growth in the First Half of 2016". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (4/13/16). "Press Release: Annual General Meeting 2016 – Tecan Shareholders Endorse All Motions Proposed by the Board of Directors". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Tecan with High Growth in Sales and Net Profit in Fiscal Year 2015". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Tecan Simplifies Large Molecule Bioanalysis. The MSIA Streptavidin EVO Microcolumns Are Designed Specifically for Tecan’s Freedom EVO Platform". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/11/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (11/30/15). "Press Release: Tecan Successfully Completes the Acquisition of Sias". Männedorf....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]