Document › Details
Tecan Group Ltd.. (4/13/16). "Press Release: Annual General Meeting 2016 – Tecan Shareholders Endorse All Motions Proposed by the Board of Directors". Männedorf.
> Increased dividend of CHF 1.75 per share
> Rolf Classon, Heinrich Fischer, Oliver Fetzer, Lars Holmqvist, Karen Huebscher, Christa Kreuzburg and Gérard Vaillant re-elected as members of the Board of Directors
> Rolf Classon confirmed by shareholders as Chairman of the Board
> Oliver Fetzer and Christa Kreuzburg confirmed as members of the Compensation Committee; Gérard Vaillant elected as new member
> All proposals relating to compensation approved
> Authorized capital extended
The Annual General Meeting of Tecan Group Ltd. (SIX Swiss Exchange: TECN) has today endorsed all motions proposed by the Board of Directors. Shareholders approved the Annual Report, the financial statements and the consolidated financial statements, and granted discharge to the Board of Directors and the Management Board. They also approved a dividend increase from CHF 1.50 to CHF 1.75 per share. The payout will take place on April 19, 2016.
All members of the Tecan Board of Directors were confirmed by the shareholders for a term of one year: Heinrich Fischer, Dr. Oliver Fetzer, Lars Holmqvist, Dr. Karen Huebscher, Dr. Christa Kreuzburg, Gérard Vaillant and Rolf Classon. Rolf Classon was re-elected as Chairman of the Board of Directors. The shareholders also confirmed Oliver Fetzer and Christa Kreuzburg as members of the Compensation Committee and elected Gérard Vaillant as a new member to this committee.
Ernst & Young AG, Zurich, was appointed as the new statutory auditors for the fiscal year 2016.
Shareholders approved the motion proposed by the Board of Directors to appoint Proxy Voting Services GmbH, Zurich, as the independent proxy for the period up to the close of the Tecan Group 31st Annual General Meeting in 2017.
All proposals relating to compensation approved
For the second time, shareholders voted on the conditions governing the compensation of the Board of Directors and Management Board for the following fiscal year, according to the Ordinance Against Excessive Compensation in Listed Stock Companies of the Swiss government. The shareholders made a binding decision to endorse the proposed motion on the maximum total amount of compensation for 2017. The compensation report, which was submitted for an advisory vote for the fifth time, was also accepted by shareholders.
Amendments to the Articles of Incorporation for further financial flexibility
Shareholders approved an amendment to the Articles of Incorporation to extend the authorized capital to April 13, 2018, keeping Tecan's financial flexibility to exploit external growth opportunities.
Key upcoming date
Tecan will publish the 2016 Interim Report on August 16, 2016.
Tecan (www.tecan.com) is a leading global provider of laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals, forensics and clinical diagnostics. The company specializes in the development, production and distribution of automated workflow solutions for laboratories in the life sciences sector. Its clients include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university research departments, forensic and diagnostic laboratories. As an original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Tecan is also a leader in developing and manufacturing OEM instruments and components that are then distributed by partner companies. Founded in Switzerland in 1980, the company has manufacturing, research and development sites in both Europe and North America and maintains a sales and service network in 52 countries. In 2015, Tecan generated sales of CHF 440 million (USD 459 million; EUR 411 million). Registered shares of Tecan Group are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (TECN; ISIN CH0012100191).
For further information:
Vice President, Communications & Investor Relations
Tel. +41 (0) 44 922 84 30
Fax +41 (0) 44 922 88 89
Record changed: 2016-06-21
More documents for Tecan (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/5/17). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: Tecan Announces Change in Management Board". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (10/3/16). "Press Release: Tecan Successfully Completes the Acquisition of SPEware Corporation". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/31/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Acquire SPEware Corporation, a Leading Provider for Mass Spectrometry Sample Preparation Solutions". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Tecan Again Posts Double-digit Sales Growth in the First Half of 2016". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Tecan with High Growth in Sales and Net Profit in Fiscal Year 2015". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Tecan Simplifies Large Molecule Bioanalysis. The MSIA Streptavidin EVO Microcolumns Are Designed Specifically for Tecan’s Freedom EVO Platform". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/11/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (11/30/15). "Press Release: Tecan Successfully Completes the Acquisition of Sias". Männedorf....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]