Document › Details
Tecan Group Ltd.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Tecan Simplifies Large Molecule Bioanalysis. The MSIA Streptavidin EVO Microcolumns Are Designed Specifically for Tecan’s Freedom EVO Platform". Männedorf.
|Organisation||Tecan Trading AG|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Freedom EVO® platform|
|Product 2||MSIA pipette tips (mass spectrometric immunoassay pipette tips)|
Tecan has launched a fully automated affinity purification solution for the extraction of large biomolecules, such as proteins, antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates. This set-up takes advantage of the new Thermo Scientific™ MSIA™ Streptavidin EVO microcolumns, which have been specifically designed for use on Tecan’s proven Freedom EVO® platform. In combination with the Freedom EVO workstation, this solution is ideal for high throughput applications in biopharmaceutical development, clinical research and anti-doping laboratories.
Housed within a pipette tip, the proprietary MSIA microcolumns are densely coated with streptavidin for affinity purification using any biotinylated ligand, even at low concentrations. Compared to traditional resin- and bead-based methods, this new approach offers improved analytical sensitivity and lower background noise, while the automated workflow enables easier method standardization and transfer between labs. This allows multi-analyte characterization over a wide dynamic range of three orders of magnitude, while maintaining good reproducibility of <5 %CV*.
Preeti Saini, Product Manager for MSIA liquid handling consumables at Thermo Fisher Scientific, commented: “This new offering is an ideal solution for biologics and biosimilars discovery and development, and it is particularly well suited to sports anti-doping and other fields where laboratories perform large molecule bioanalyses that demand high quality, reproducible and unambiguous results with minimal background noise. Moreover, this solution is designed to help scientists save both precious samples and time.”
“Our combined solution will provide these laboratories with faster assay development, scalable sample turnover and surety of data quality and consistency,” added Rohit Shroff, Product Manager for Tecan. “By combining our well-established Freedom EVO workstations with MSIA technology, we can better cater to the high volume bioanalytical research market.”
For more information on the MSIA technology and how MSIA workflow solutions enable highly reproducible and sensitive testing of large biomolecule analysis, visit www.thermoscientific.com/...
For more information on Tecan’s robotic liquid handling solutions for sample preparation, please visit www.tecan.com/analyticalchemistry
* Antwi et al. A universal LB-MSIA workflow using Freedom EVO platform for the preclinical analysis of therapeutic antibodies of differing allotypes in rodent plasma. 2015, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
For more information please contact
Tecan Trading AG
Tel +41 (0)44 922 81 11
Fax +41 (0)44 922 81 12
Tecan (www.tecan.com) is a leading global provider of laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals, forensics and clinical diagnostics. The company specializes in the development, production and distribution of automated workflow solutions for laboratories in the life sciences sector. Its clients include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university research departments, and forensic and diagnostic laboratories. As an original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Tecan is also a leader in developing and manufacturing OEM instruments and components that are then distributed by partner companies. Founded in Switzerland in 1980, the company has manufacturing, research and development sites in both Europe and North America and maintains a sales and service network in 52 countries. In 2014, Tecan generated sales of CHF 400 million (USD 437 million; EUR 331 million). Registered shares of Tecan Group are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (TECN; ISIN CH0012100191).
Record changed: 2017-01-05
More documents for Tecan (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/5/17). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: Tecan Announces Change in Management Board". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (10/3/16). "Press Release: Tecan Successfully Completes the Acquisition of SPEware Corporation". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/31/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Acquire SPEware Corporation, a Leading Provider for Mass Spectrometry Sample Preparation Solutions". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Tecan Again Posts Double-digit Sales Growth in the First Half of 2016". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (4/13/16). "Press Release: Annual General Meeting 2016 – Tecan Shareholders Endorse All Motions Proposed by the Board of Directors". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Tecan with High Growth in Sales and Net Profit in Fiscal Year 2015". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/11/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (11/30/15). "Press Release: Tecan Successfully Completes the Acquisition of Sias". Männedorf....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]