Document › Details
Tecan Group Ltd.. (6/23/11). "Press Release: Tecan Collaborates with TGen and ASU Biodesign Institute to Develop a Comprehensive Sample Preparation Solution for Proteomic Research".
A new automated sample preparation system based on Tecan's Freedom EVO® 200 liquid handling platform has been developed for proteomic biomarker discovery and validation in collaboration with the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) in Phoenix, Arizona, and the Biodesign Institute at Arizona State University. The fully automated, integrated, high throughput system is a key tool in the research institutes' goal of establishing an industrial-scale biomarker validation facility.
The platform can prepare nearly 1,000 samples in less than 24 hours in the SISCAPA (Stable Isotope Standards with Capture by Anti-Peptide Antibody) workflow, from receiving samples in cryovials, to eluting selected peptides into 96-well plates ready for analysis by mass spectrometry.
The scientific leadership for the integrated system specification and multi-vendor competition included Dr Konstantinos Petritis (TGen), Dr Mark Holl and Dr Deirdre Meldrum (Biodesign Institute). "During biomarker discovery we work with 20 to 100 samples but, once we have identified potential biomarkers, verification and clinical validation must be performed, where the challenge is to process hundreds, perhaps thousands, of samples," said Dr. Petritis, Associate Professor and Laboratory Head at TGen's Center for Proteomics. "One of Tecan's greatest strengths was undoubtedly the ease with which it seamlessly brought everything together. Sample preparation is a critical yet extremely long, multi-stage and labor-intensive process that must be performed reproducibly. The Tecan system is a comprehensive and flexible proteomic sample preparation platform that successfully integrates and controls many different modules from a range of vendors.
To find out more about Tecan's Freedom EVO liquid handling platform, visit www.tecan.com/freedomevo/
For more information please contact
Tecan Trading AG
Tel +41 (0)44 922 81 11
Fax +41 (0)44 922 81 12
Tecan (www.tecan.com) is a leading global provider of laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals, forensics, and clinical diagnostics. The company specializes in the development, production and distribution of instruments and automated workflow solutions for laboratories in the life sciences sector. As an original equipment manufacturer, Tecan is also a leader in developing and manufacturing OEM instruments and components that are then distributed by partner companies. Founded in Switzerland in 1980, the company has manufacturing, research and development sites in both Europe and North America and maintains a sales and service network in 52 countries. In 2009, Tecan generated sales of CHF 392 million (USD 361.2 million; EUR 259.6 million). Registered shares of Tecan Group are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (TK: TECN/Reuters: TECZn.S/ ISIN CH0012100191).
The Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) is a Phoenix, Arizona-based non-profit organization dedicated to conducting groundbreaking research with life changing results. Research at TGen is focused on helping patients with diseases such as cancer, neurological disorders and diabetes. TGen is on the cutting edge of translational research where investigators are able to unravel the genetic components of common and complex diseases. Working with collaborators in the scientific and medical communities, TGen believes it can make a substantial contribution to the efficiency and effectiveness of the translational process. TGen is affiliated with the Van Andel Research Institute in Grand Rapids, Michigan. For more information, visit: www.tgen.org.
About the Biodesign Institute at Arizona State University
The Biodesign Institute addresses today's critical global challenges in healthcare, sustainability and security by developing solutions inspired from natural systems and translating those solutions into commercially viable products and clinical practices. www.biodesign.asu.edu.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Tecan (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/5/17). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: Tecan Announces Change in Management Board". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (10/3/16). "Press Release: Tecan Successfully Completes the Acquisition of SPEware Corporation". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/31/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Acquire SPEware Corporation, a Leading Provider for Mass Spectrometry Sample Preparation Solutions". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Tecan Again Posts Double-digit Sales Growth in the First Half of 2016". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (4/13/16). "Press Release: Annual General Meeting 2016 – Tecan Shareholders Endorse All Motions Proposed by the Board of Directors". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Tecan with High Growth in Sales and Net Profit in Fiscal Year 2015". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Tecan Simplifies Large Molecule Bioanalysis. The MSIA Streptavidin EVO Microcolumns Are Designed Specifically for Tecan’s Freedom EVO Platform". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/11/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]