Document › Details
Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/17/12). "Press Release: Tecan and Waters Sign OEM Agreement. Tecan to Supply Instruments for Sample Preparation of Waters’ Clinical Laboratory Assays". Männedorf.
> Waters will combine the Tecan platform with its own ACQUITY® TQD liquid chromatograph/mass spectrometer
> Commercial supply of instruments expected to start within the next six months
The Tecan Group (SIX Swiss Exchange: TECN) today announced an OEM agreement with Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT). Under the agreement, Tecan will supply instruments for the sample preparation of Waters' clinical laboratory assays. The instrument is based on Tecan's flexible and reliable Freedom EVO® liquid handling platform and will be used as a component of the Waters® system in combination with a Waters ACQUITY® TQD liquid chromatograph/mass spectrometer (LC/MS/MS).
Tecan expects to start the commercial supply of instruments within the next six months. Financial details of the agreement were not disclosed.
Waters and ACQUITY are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Tecan and Freedom EVO are trademarks of the Tecan Group Ltd.
Tecan (www.tecan.com) is a leading global provider of laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals,forensics and clinical diagnostics. The company specializes in the development, production and distribution of automated workflow solutions for laboratories in the life sciences sector. Its clients include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university research departments, forensic and diagnostic laboratories. As an original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Tecan is also a leader in developing and manufacturing OEM instruments and components that are then distributed by partner companies. Founded in Switzerland in 1980, the company has manufacturing, research and development sites in both Europe and North America and maintains a sales and service network in 52 countries. In 2010, Tecan generated sales of CHF 371 million (USD 356 million; EUR 269 million). Registered shares of Tecan Group are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange
(TK: TECN/Reuters: TECZn.S/ ISIN: 12100191).
About Waters Corporation
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) has created business advantages for laboratorydependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.64 billion in 2010 and 5,400 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
For further information
Head of Corporate Communications &
Tel. +41 (0) 44 922 84 30
Fax +41 (0) 44 922 88 89
Brian J. Murphy
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Tecan (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/5/17). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: Tecan Announces Change in Management Board". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (10/3/16). "Press Release: Tecan Successfully Completes the Acquisition of SPEware Corporation". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/31/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Acquire SPEware Corporation, a Leading Provider for Mass Spectrometry Sample Preparation Solutions". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Tecan Again Posts Double-digit Sales Growth in the First Half of 2016". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (4/13/16). "Press Release: Annual General Meeting 2016 – Tecan Shareholders Endorse All Motions Proposed by the Board of Directors". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Tecan with High Growth in Sales and Net Profit in Fiscal Year 2015". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Tecan Simplifies Large Molecule Bioanalysis. The MSIA Streptavidin EVO Microcolumns Are Designed Specifically for Tecan’s Freedom EVO Platform". Männedorf....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/11/16). "Press Release: Tecan to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Männedorf....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]