Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/25/09). "Press Release: Confirmation and Quantification of THC in Oral Fluid Using an MRM Method on a GC-Triple Quadrupole MS. Thermo Fisher Scientific Achieves Superior Precision and Linearity in High-throughput, Trace
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||TSQ Quantum GC triple stage quadrupole mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||ToxLab™ software|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Achieves Superior Precision and Linearity in High-Throughput, Trace Level Analyses of THC in Oral Fluid Using the TSQ Quantum GC Analyzer
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the introduction of a new forensic toxicology application that demonstrates the advanced analytical capabilities of its triple stage quadrupole mass spectrometer for monitoring marijuana in oral fluid. The powerful Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum GC triple stage quadrupole is capable of performing rapid and reliable confirmation and quantitation analyses and achieves excellent quantitative precision and linearity. Entitled "High-Throughput Confirmation and Quantitation of THC in Oral Fluids Using the TSQ Quantum GC", this new application note is available to download via www.thermo.com/fotox
Oral fluid analysis is becoming an increasingly popular alternative to blood and urine testing for the detection of drugs, such as marijuana. Oral fluid can be collected and monitored without embarrassment, pain, or the extensive training required to draw blood. Since D9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the pharmacologically active compound found in marijuana, is one of the most commonly used illegal drugs, its analysis in oral fluid has become imperative. This analysis can be extremely challenging due to the low concentrations of THC typically found in oral fluid and the low volumes of oral fluid that are generally available for analysis. In addition, the chemical background from the oral fluid matrix can limit the low detection levels required for this analysis. The Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum GC overcomes these challenges, routinely measuring THC in oral fluid at a 2 ng/mL cutoff level and below with minimal matrix interferences.
Methods were developed for sample preparation, acquisition and analysis for this forensic toxicology assay. Experimental results demonstrate that the analyzer, operated in multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) mode, is both selective and sensitive enough for accurate trace THC measurements in oral fluid. In addition, the TSQ Quantum GC achieves superior quantitative precision, with coefficients of variation (CV) of 6% or less at 0.8 and 2.5 ng/mL and exceptional linearity and accuracy from 0.2 to 20 ng/mL with no significant carryover.
All method development and validation were performed in an extracted oral fluid calibrating matrix, proving the real world capability of the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum GC to perform dependable monitoring of trace levels of THC in oral fluid. In addition, Thermo Scientific ToxLab™ Forms 2.5 software provided automated sample analysis and quantitation and was used for method validation, including assessments of precision and linearity.
For more information about the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum GC or to download a copy of the application note, please call +1 866-463-6522, e-mail email@example.com visit www.thermo.com/fotox
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]