Document › Details
Thermo Electron Corporation. (3/24/06). "Press Release: Thermo Electron’s Mass Spectrometry Technology Wins Top Award at PITTCON 2006". Waltham, MA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Electron Corporation (NYSE: TMO)|
|Today||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product||LTQ Orbitrap™ mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2006 Orlando|
|Person||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
Thermo Electron Corporation (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in analytical instruments, announced that it received the Gold Editor's Award at PITTCON(R) 2006, the largest North American conference and exposition on laboratory science and instrumentation. Editors in attendance voted Thermo's LTQ(TM) Orbitrap(TM) hybrid mass spectrometer the best new product introduction of the show, which featured over 1000 exhibiting companies.
Used in small molecule research, proteomics, metabolomics and drug discovery applications, the LTQ Orbitrap is a hybrid mass spectrometer that offers superior mass resolution and accuracy, detection power and dynamic range as compared to existing Time-of-Flight (TOF) technology.
"We believe the LTQ Orbitrap's patented technology represents the most significant breakthrough in mass spectrometry since the ion trap was introduced over 20 years ago," commented Marc N. Casper, senior vice president of Thermo. "The performance advancements of the LTQ Orbitrap address our customers' need for faster, more accurate analysis. We are as excited as our customers about the LTQ Orbitrap and its impact on promising research being performed in laboratories worldwide."
Over the past few years, Thermo has built the most dynamic mass spectrometry portfolio in the world. Its successful Finnigan(TM) LTQ FT Mass Spectrometer was the Silver Editor's Award winner at PITTCON three years ago.
In addition to the LTQ Orbitrap, Thermo showcased at PITTCON 2006 its total range of laboratory solutions that offer customers integrated technology and services from sample preparation to sample analysis, on through to data interpretation and storage. Also unveiled were Thermo's newest "lab to line" solutions for both Process Analytical Technology (PAT) and the European Restrictions on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive.
Winning the Gold Editor's Award continues Thermo's positive momentum, as it was also recently named "2005 Company of the Year" by Instrument Business Outlook (IBO). This award recognized Thermo's market leadership, strong financial and operational performance, as well as its outstanding technical contributions to the analytical and scientific instrumentation market. The entire IBO report can be found at http://www.thermo.com.
About Thermo Electron
Thermo Electron Corporation is the world leader in analytical instruments. Our instrument solutions enable our customers to make the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place. Thermo's Life and Laboratory Sciences segment provides analytical instruments, scientific equipment, services and software solutions for life science, drug discovery, clinical, environmental and industrial laboratories. Thermo's Measurement and Control segment is dedicated to providing analytical instruments used in a variety of manufacturing processes and in-the-field applications, including those associated with safety and homeland security. For more information, visit http://www.thermo.com.
Media Contact Information: Investor Contact Information:
Lori Gorski Ken Apicerno
Phone: 781-622-1242 Phone: 781-622-1111
E-mail: email@example.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]