Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/3/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and 908 Devices to Demonstrate Innovative Separation Technology with Industry-Leading Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers at ASMS 2016". San José, CA & Boston, MA.
|Region||San Antonio, TX|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||908 Devices Inc.|
|Product 2||LTQ Orbitrap™ mass spectrometer (product series)|
|Index term||Thermo Fisher–908 Devices: sample separation technology, 201606 collab integration of ZipChip microfluidics separation with Orbitrap MS systems|
|Person||Mylchreest, Iain (Thermo Fisher 201003 VP Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry)|
|Person 2||Petty, Christopher J. (Chris) (908 Devices 201206 VP BusDev + Marketing + Co-founder before Thermo Fisher + Ahura)|
New innovative ZipChip microfluidic inlet technology designed for fast MS analysis of biomolecules
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, and 908 Devices, a pioneer of purpose-built analytical devices for chemical analysis, will demonstrate the combination of 908 Devices’ new ZipChip microfluidics separation technology with Thermo Fisher’s mass spectrometers, delivering high-quality separations that transform MS analysis of biomolecules.
These powerful technologies will be showcased, for the first time, next week at the 64th American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio from June 5-9, 2016 in the 908 Devices booth (#503) and the Thermo Fisher booth (#319), as well as in Thermo Fisher’s suite at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Texas Ballroom D.
Customers using the Thermo Scientific Exactive series, Thermo Scientific Q Exactive series and Thermo Scientific LTQ Orbitrap Hybrid FT mass spectrometers will be able to incorporate 908 Devices’ new ZipChip™ to enhance their analytical capabilities.
“Our customers, particularly in biopharma, have an increasing need for both small molecule and intact protein analysis and seek new separation solutions to speed overall analysis time,” said Iain Mylchreest, vice president, research and development, chromatography and mass spectrometry at Thermo Fisher. “ZipChip provides a new and innovative inlet technology that provides fast, high resolution separations of biomolecules for MS analysis in biopharma characterization workflows.”
ZipChip uses integrated microfluidics to separate biological samples in three minutes or less prior to MS characterization, and requires only a few nanoliters of sample. Users can select between two chip types—ZipChip HS for small molecule analysis and peptide mapping or ZipChip HR for intact large molecules. With this new inlet technology option, Thermo Fisher customers can take advantage of fast, integrated separation and characterization of complex biomolecules using the combination of microfluidic capillary electrophoresis (CE) and HRAM MS techniques to accelerate the pace and productivity of the biopharmaceutical and biotech development process.
"Our biopharmaceutical partners are calling ZipChip a 'game changer.' Its ability to separate intact proteins and antibodies, while giving a full mass spectrum for every peak, promises benefit throughout drug development and manufacturing,” said Dr. Chris Petty, co-founder & VP of Business Development, 908 Devices. “We are excited to be working with Thermo Fisher, a clear leader in mass spectrometry, to enhance customer capabilities and for our first ZipChip interface to be Thermo Fisher compatible.”
To learn more about Thermo Fisher at ASMS, visit www.thermofisher.com/asms. To learn more about 908 Devices at ASMS, visit 908devices.com/events/asms.
About 908 Devices
908 Devices, is democratizing chemical analysis by way of mass spectrometry, offering point-of-need chemical analysis devices ranging from rugged, handheld chemical detection tools to compact, tiny footprint analyzers and fast separation devices. These purpose-built and user-centric devices serve a range of industries including safety and security, oil & gas, life sciences and other applied markets. 908 Devices is headquartered in the heart of Boston where they research, design and manufacture innovative products based on High Pressure Mass SpectrometryTM (HPMS).
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-07-02
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]