Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Native Mobile Capabilities Added to Thermo Scientific SampleManager LIMS". Atlanta, GA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2016 Atlanta|
|Person||Grulke, Matt (Thermo Fisher 201503 Marketing Director Informatics)|
One of world’s most widely deployed LIMS continues to add functionality that modern labs require
Pittcon 2016 – Pharmaceutical QA/QC, oil and gas, chemical, water and environmental, food safety and contract laboratories can now offer always-on mobile connectivity to their Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) software, providing access to data and insights for decision-making wherever and whenever they need it.
The newest version of Thermo Scientific SampleManager LIMS, which makes its debut at Pittcon 2016 (booth 2239) at the Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta, now supports a native mobile application that is deployable on most iOS, Android and Windows tablets. Users can easily configure the application through the SampleManager desktop or Web-based client, adding modules that enable actions such as receiving or moving samples, results entry and record search and retrieval, all from the mobile device.
“We’re empowering our customers to do something they’ve been unable to do until now – work remotely using an interface that mirrors how they already work in their lab,” said Matt Grulke, director of marketing and product management, Informatics, Thermo Fisher. “We know that lab workflows are unique, and that’s why we designed our mobile capability to work as a true extension of the LIMS our customers have worked so hard to configure.”
The added mobile functionality in SampleManager LIMS makes one of the world’s most widely deployed LIMS even more versatile for labs and their enterprise IT staffs. The solution also offers user access through a native Web client, architected for extensibility to accommodate changes in the lab and make it easier to roll out new functionality as the platform evolves. This significantly reduces burden on IT staff and gives greater control to end-users.
“Our customers want their LIMS to fit how they work,” added Grulke. “Because we’re native web, everything the customer has worked hard to configure is always there – and now that commitment extends to mobile devices as well.”
In addition to the new mobile capabilities, SampleManager LIMS also features enhanced navigation. This provides LIMS users a tailored user experience that can range from a full explorer view to standard favorite, recent, and breadcrumb navigation.
Part of a portfolio of enterprise-level software solutions that are advancing science, SampleManager LIMS is an integrated informatics solution delivering greater end-to-end functionality for method execution and laboratory and data management. It also fully integrates with the Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon Chromatography Data System (CDS), providing a seamless CDS link within the LIMS to streamline lab process and eliminate manual steps related to sample testing and results capture and analysis.
The integration of SampleManager LIMS with Chromeleon CDS gives users access to all LC, GC, IC and MS data within the same platform and user environment, simplifying training of personnel and reducing operating costs. With LIMS, SDMS and LES as well as CDS functionality built onto one comprehensive platform, laboratories no longer need to purchase, implement, validate and support software packages from multiple vendors. Instead, businesses can invest the cost savings back into future innovation.
For a closer look at the Thermo Scientific SampleManager LIMS, visit Thermo Fisher at Pittcon booth 2239 or, for more information, visit www.thermoscientific.com/SM11.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Christine Williamson, +1 617-275-6528
Record changed: 2016-04-04
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]