Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/25/07). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Offers Unique LC-MS/MS Offering with Cohesive Technologies Acquisition". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Cohesive Technologies Inc.|
|Today||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||TSQ Quantum™ mass spectrometer (product series)|
|Index term||Cohesive Technologies–Thermo Fisher: investment, 200612 acquisition|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, announces the acquisition of Cohesive Technologies Inc, a manufacturer of advanced sample extraction and high performance liquid chromatography products. TurboFlow™ technology enhances the existing Thermo Scientific liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) product portfolio by minimizing sample preparation in LC, especially for drug discovery, drug development and clinical research applications. This unique solution allows scientists to reduce matrix effects during pre-clinical bioanalysis, making it easier to comply with the FDA/CDER Bioanalytical Method Validation Guidance that states that "In the case of LC-MS-MS-based procedures, appropriate steps should be taken to ensure the lack of matrix effects throughout the application of the method, especially if the nature of the matrix changes from the matrix used during method validation."
The TurboFlow™ technology works by retaining small molecules, filtering out proteins and larger materials by diffusion, size exclusion and column chemistry. This enables users to directly inject biological samples into the LC-MS/MS system prior to analysis, a significant advantage in pre-clinical bioanalysis, where extensive sample preparation is too time-consuming due to the high sample loads. TurboFlow™ technology can be coupled with the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum™ triple quadrupole mass spectrometer combined with FAIMS (High-Field Asymmetric Ion Mobility Mass Spectrometry) to achieve a unique LC-MS/MS solution. When configured to the TSQ Quantum, the system delivers fast and efficient quantitative results with the lowest ion suppression and chemical noise, resulting in highly sensitive bioanalytical methods, development of more robust methods, and reduction in analysis failures.
For more information about TurboFlow™ technology visit www.cohesivetech.com. More information is available on the Thermo Scientific LC and MS product portfolio. Alternatively, please call +1 800-532-4752 or e-mail email@example.com.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual sales of more than $9 billion, we employ 30,000 people and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions, and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]