Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/3/09). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Two New Products for Easier, Faster Quantitative Proteomic Analysis. Two New Products Designed to Increase the Productivity of Quantitative Proteomics Research –
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Hühmer, Andreas (Thermo Fisher 200809 Proteomics Marketing Director)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, announced today at the American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) 2009 annual conference the launch of two new products designed to increase the productivity of quantitative proteomics research. The products are Intelligent Selected Reaction Monitoring (iSRM), which improves the throughput of SRM assays, and Pinpoint software for automated method development and quantitative analysis of SRM-based targeted peptide assays. These products will be on display at the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown in Salons G-K during the ASMS conference, which runs from May 31-June 4 in Philadelphia.
"Proteomics researchers have largely shifted their focus from high-throughput protein identification to measuring protein expression changes via relative quantitation, which may give clues to the role those proteins play in disease," said Amy Zumwalt, proteomics marketing programs manager for life sciences mass spectrometry at Thermo Fisher Scientific. "With products like iSRM and Pinpoint, Thermo Fisher Scientific is leading the industry in providing high-performance, easy-to-use technology that functions in a single, seamless workflow for proteomics discovery."
iSRM and Pinpoint software enhance targeted protein quantitation
One of the biggest challenges in proteomics quantitation is to simultaneously verify and quantify low-level biomarkers. iSRM, which is available on all Thermo Scientific TSQ (triple stage quadrupole) instruments, increases the sensitivity and selectivity of targeted quantitation assays for simultaneously verifying and quantifying targeted proteins.
"With traditional SRM-based assays, the user always had to compromise between selectivity and sensitivity," said Andreas Huhmer, proteomics marketing director for life sciences mass spectrometry at Thermo Fisher Scientific. "With iSRM, the instrument maintains high sensitivity and high selectivity. iSRM is designed to target as many as 1000 peptides and handle over 10,000 SRM transitions in a single experiment. These numbers are higher than past technologies could deliver. As such, iSRM has the potential to significantly decrease labor and cost per analysis by increasing the number of peptides targeted in a single analysis."
As part of this integrated targeted quantitation workflow, Thermo Fisher Scientific is also introducing Pinpoint software. Pinpoint, available as a free download, is designed to simplify the transition from early-stage biomarker discovery to larger-scale, quantitative verification of putative biomarkers and general quantitative proteomics (see www.thermo.com/pinpoint for details).
For more information about iSRM and Pinpoint software, please visit the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Philadelphia Marriot Downtown in Salons G-K during ASMS 2009. For more information about Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry solutions, please call 1-800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermo.com/proteomics.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
For a full list of all press releases announcing new products at ASMS 2009, please visit www.thermo.com/ASMS.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]