Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: New Intuitive Platform Integrates Mass Spectrometry Data Acquisition and Analysis". St. Louis, MO.
|Region||St. Louis, MO|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||HighChem Ltd.|
|Product 2||ASMS 2015 St. Louis|
|Person||Sanders, Mark (Thermo Fisher 201506 Director Software Development Platform)|
|Person 2||Slawinski, Kristen (Chempetitive 201506)|
A flexible approach to organizing and integrating Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry software applications
Data acquisition, visualization, processing and analysis are brought together in a new integrated and user-friendly software platform for laboratories utilizing mass spectrometry (MS).
The redesigned Thermo Scientific Xcalibur 4.0 software platform is a complete console bringing together software for acquisition and analysis of MS data into one intuitive platform. All Thermo Scientific software will now have a convenient and streamlined launch platform with the ability to organize applications into groups that align with laboratory workflows. The package also provides links to the Thermo Scientific Xcalibur Applications Store where analysts can learn about the latest software applications, access software updates and try new applications.
The Xcalibur 4.0 software will be exhibited for the first time at the 63rd Annual American Society for Mass Spectrometry Conference, Booth 140, and at the Landmark Suite at the Renaissance Hotel in St. Louis.
“Our customers often use multiple software applications for data acquisition and analysis. Xcalibur 4.0 is a complete Thermo Scientific desktop experience that makes software use and management easy and organized,” said Mark Sanders, director, software platform management, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “Xcalibur 4.0 provides a user-friendly interface and software platform with direct access to our applications library and store.”
Highlights of Xcalibur 4.0 include:
> Automatic software updates: Simplifies the task of keeping system software up to date by automatically detecting existing Thermo Scientific software and organizing it on the desktop, creating a more streamlined workflow for MS analyses. In addition, relevant software updates are automatically highlighted for installation.
> Direct links to XCalibur Apps Store: Easily identifies and installs new software applications. Users can browse and demo new software with downloadable access.
> Customizable desktop views: Organize for multi-user environments or for specific applications (acquisition, data processing and web resources) for streamlined and personalized workflows.
> Links to mzCloud™, Thermo Fisher Cloud and Planet Orbitrap: Easy access to advanced spectral libraries, uploading of MS data for storage and sharing, and access to the latest information in the Orbitrap community.
*mzCloud is a trademark of HighChem LLC, Slovakia.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Marcia Goff, +1 508-902-7041
Kristen Slawinski, + 1-312-997-2436
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]