Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/14/11). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Thermo Scientific SampleManager 10.0 LIMS. Significant Version Upgrade for Industry-leading LIMS Platform". Atlanta, GA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2011 Atlanta|
|Person||Champagne, Dave (Thermo 200512 Vice President)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the Thermo Scientific SampleManager 10.0 LIMS (laboratory information management system), a solution that is designed to deliver significant new time and cost savings for scientists and lab managers across the broadest range of process industries. SampleManager™ 10.0 improves access to data across the enterprise; delivers key business metrics to management; facilitates compliance with ISO, GLP and other regulatory requirements; and optimizes workflows and quality management. Thermo Fisher will showcase SampleManager 10.0 in Thermo Scientific Booth 2835 during Pittcon 2011, being held March 13-18, in Atlanta.
SampleManager LIMS is the corporate standard at leading organizations in oil and gas, food and beverage, environmental and water, metals and mining and other process industries. It provides an intuitive user interface and logical workflow for laboratories looking to optimize their operations by standardizing processes across geographies and streamlining data exchange across enterprise systems. It is designed to integrate with existing ERP, PIMS and MES systems and with other applications and instruments in and out of the laboratory, providing one standard user interface and allowing for easier standardization for global enterprises. Users will gain greater efficiency with integrated solutions that deliver a new kind of connected productivity regardless of the analytical challenge.
Thermo Scientific SampleManager 10.0 reflects more than 25 years of knowledge, experience, customer input and successive version releases. The company developed this feature-rich release with key business metric (KBM) dashboard functionality that addresses the critical business and operating needs of three distinct but interrelated parts of a company's infrastructure: lab personnel, IT and systems administrators and management.
For lab managers and users, SampleManager includes built-in functionality, including instrument calibration, operator training records and stock/inventory dashboard that deliver improved efficiencies, compliance and resource management.
For IT and systems administration, a new Microsoft .NET development environment provides a comprehensive and intuitive tool kit for making system extensibility simple, delivering time and cost savings that is critical to process sustainability, including rapid prototyping and easier integration.
For management, data visualization tools deliver the functionality necessary to integrate and connect all parts of the organization so that management can monitor and measure performance against key business metrics; user decisions are more responsive and informed.
The need to fully integrate lab-generated data with existing enterprise systems requires organizations to optimize existing investments in laboratory and enterprise systems. Management must have continuous access to all of the data necessary to make informed decisions and monitor the health of their operations.
"Businesses want to standardize processes, reduce energy use, centralize data capture and more fully automate processes, delivering real-time information to management for more informed decision-making," said Dave Champagne, vice president and general manager for Thermo Fisher's Informatics business. "SampleManager 10.0 enables companies to utilize data that is generated across their organization while making better use of resources, harmonizing processes, reducing risks and improving process. The ultimate benefit is that these companies are able to maintain profitability while maximizing their lab and enterprise investments."
For more information about the Thermo Scientific SampleManager 10.0, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2835 during Pittcon 2011. Alternatively, call 866-463-6522, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermoscientific.com/samplemanager10.
For access to all Thermo Fisher Scientific news and product photos related to Pittcon 2011, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/pittcon11
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of nearly $11 billion, we have approximately 37,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]