Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/2/10). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Develops New Method to Eliminate High Boiling Matrix Contamination in GC and GC/MS Analyses of Pesticides in Food". Austin, TX.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Scott Partnership Ltd., The|
|Group||Scott Partnership (Group)|
|Product||sample purification / sample separation|
|Product 2||Trace GC Ultra™|
|Person||Callender, Celine (Scott Partnership 201003)|
|Person 2||Nelson, Michael C. (Thermo Fisher 201008 Thermo Fisher Austin)|
The Thermo Scientific TRACE GC Ultra GC/MS Analyzer is used to Eliminate High Boiling Matrix Contamination in GC and GC/MS Analyses of Pesticides in Food
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced a new method to effectively eliminate invisible high boiling matrices in the analysis of pesticides in food. Incorporating a programmable temperature vaporizing (PTV) injector, the Thermo Scientific TRACE
GC Ultra GC/MS analyzer achieves sensitive, fast and reliable analysis of pesticides in low fat food products, significantly enhancing the productivity and efficiency of gas chromatography (GC) and gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS) systems for analyzing pesticides in food, while eradicating high boiling matrix. The new method is detailed in an application note, entitled "Eliminate Invisible High Boiling Matrix in GC and GC/MS by Using PTV Backflush Injection Technique for Increased Productivity and Reliability," which is available to download via www.thermoscientific.com/ptv
Pesticide extraction in low-fat food products, such as fruits and vegetables, normally results in high concentrations of lipid components as a matrix of high boiling compounds in the extracts. Once injected into a GC or GC/MS analyzer, high boiling substances accumulate on the analytical column of the system, contaminating it and causing an increasingly high background level. As high boiling compounds cannot be seen, there is no possibility of visual quality control. Bake-out procedures have been traditionally used, but these methods increase time between samples, are inefficient and reduce the column lifetime. An optimum solution would be the separation of the analytes from all high-boiling matrix material directly after injection.
The new application from Thermo Fisher demonstrates that a PTV injector with a pre-column and a carrier gas backflush capability offers a powerful method for separating analytes from high-boiling compounds. Following sample extraction using the QuEChERS technique, a PTV injector was used to inject the extract into the Thermo Scientific TRACE GC Ultra GC/MS analyzer.
Pesticides travelled quickly into the system's analytical column whereas high boilers were kept in the pre-column that was swept backwards concurrently during the analytical run. As a result, the analytes transferred to the column and eluting to the MS source were free from high molecular weight compounds. Experimental results demonstrated that the PTV-GC/MS system can be used for both regular and large volume injections with numerous productivity advantages, including increased sensitivity, time and cost savings, easy maintenance, increased column lifetime and higher robustness of the entire analytical system.
For more information about the Thermo Fisher Scientific GC&GC/MS solutions, please call +1 800-532-4752, email email@example.com or visit www.thermoscientific.com/gc
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com
For further press information please contact:
Celine Callender, The Scott Partnership, 1 Whiteside, Station Road, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire. CW4 8AA United Kingdom Tel: + 44 1477 539539 Fax: +44 1477 539540 E-mail:
Media Contact Information:
Name: Celine Callender
Phone: +44 1477 539539
Secondary Contact Information:
Phone: 01477 539539
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]