Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/20/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Appoints New Member to Scientific Advisory Board". Waltham, MA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research|
|Today||Broad Institute (MIT / Harvard)|
|Group||MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)|
|Product||cell analysis technology|
|Product 2||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Person||Sabatini, David M. (MIT 201203 Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research + Broad Institute)|
|Person 2||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced that it has appointed David M. Sabatini, MD, PhD, to its Scientific Advisory Board. The Board was formed in 2010 to formalize the two-way exchange of technological information between the company and representatives from some of the world's premiere centers of health, science and education.
Dr. Sabatini is a member of the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, where he studies the basic mechanisms of cell growth. He has several affiliations with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), serving as senior associate member of The Broad Institute, member of the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, as well as associate professor of biology. He is also an investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Dr. Sabatini received his doctorate degrees from Johns Hopkins University in 1997 and has been awarded numerous academic distinctions.
"We are pleased to add David's insight as a leading life sciences researcher to our Scientific Advisory Board," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The Board plays an important role in helping us to set a course for innovation that creates value for our customers, and his extensive work in understanding how cells function and metabolize plays a key role in the development of new treatments for disease."
The Scientific Advisory Board includes R&D leaders from across Thermo Fisher, as well as the following external members:
> Tyler Jacks, PhD, member of Thermo Fisher's board of directors, David H. Koch professor of biology and director of the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, and investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
> Ronald W. Davis, Stanford University, Department of Biochemistry
> Steven P. Gygi, PhD, Harvard Medical School, Department of Cell Biology
> William C. Hahn, MD, PhD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Oncology
> David R. Hillyard, MD, University of Utah, Department of Pathology.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/30/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Lists Four-Channel HPLC as Class I Medical Device". San José, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/30/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Resell Prosolia’s PaperSpray Technology as Factory Option to Its Mass Spectrometers". San José, CA....
-  Selvita S.A.. (3/16/15). "Press Release: Selvita Expands Its Proteomics Services Offer". Krakow....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/11/15). "Press Release: SelectScience Community Chooses Thermo Fisher Scientific for Two Awards". New Orleans, LA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/10/15). "Press Release: ToolGen, Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Sign License Agreement for CRISPR/Cas9 Genome Editing Technology". Carlsbad, CA & Seoul....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Transformative UHPLC System Showcases Performance and Throughput". New Orleans, LA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/9/15). "Press Release: New Online Repository Provides Instant and Free Access to Hundreds of Full Analytical Methods". New Orleans, LA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/9/15). "Press Release: New HRAM System Makes Orbitrap Technology More Widely Accessible. Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Focus LC-MS/MS Makes its Pittcon Debut". New Orleans, LA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Strengthens Technology Leadership in Applied Markets at Pittcon 2015". New Orleans, LA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Fully Integrated Informatics Solution is All-in-One Platform for Managing Today’s Labs". New Orleans, LA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]