Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/20/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Appoints New Member to Scientific Advisory Board". Waltham, MA.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced that it has appointed David M. Sabatini, MD, PhD, to its Scientific Advisory Board. The Board was formed in 2010 to formalize the two-way exchange of technological information between the company and representatives from some of the world's premiere centers of health, science and education.
Dr. Sabatini is a member of the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, where he studies the basic mechanisms of cell growth. He has several affiliations with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), serving as senior associate member of The Broad Institute, member of the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, as well as associate professor of biology. He is also an investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Dr. Sabatini received his doctorate degrees from Johns Hopkins University in 1997 and has been awarded numerous academic distinctions.
"We are pleased to add David's insight as a leading life sciences researcher to our Scientific Advisory Board," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The Board plays an important role in helping us to set a course for innovation that creates value for our customers, and his extensive work in understanding how cells function and metabolize plays a key role in the development of new treatments for disease."
The Scientific Advisory Board includes R&D leaders from across Thermo Fisher, as well as the following external members:
> Tyler Jacks, PhD, member of Thermo Fisher's board of directors, David H. Koch professor of biology and director of the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, and investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
> Ronald W. Davis, Stanford University, Department of Biochemistry
> Steven P. Gygi, PhD, Harvard Medical School, Department of Cell Biology
> William C. Hahn, MD, PhD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Oncology
> David R. Hillyard, MD, University of Utah, Department of Pathology.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Biognosys AG. (10/24/14). "Press Release: Biognosys’ Spectronaut Software Now Supports Thermo Scientific Proteome Discoverer Platform". Zürich-Schlieren....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/22/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2014 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/21/14). "Press Release: New Strong Anion Exchange Resin Advances Bioseparation. Poros XQ – a Next-generation, High-capacity, High-resolution and Salt-tolerant Chromatography Resin". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/20/14). "Press Release: New Orbitrap-based Mass Spectrometer Makes High-resolution Accurate-mass Analysis Widely Accessible". San José, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/16/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Its Ion PGM Dx Next Generation Sequencing System Is Now CE-marked for In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Use". Carlsbad, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/25/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Agreement with GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer to Develop Oncology Companion Diagnostics Using Next-generation Sequencing (NGS)". Carlsbad, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/22/14). "Press Release: »Tandem Mass Tag« Team Wins HUPO Science & Technology Award". San José, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/18/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Listing of the Ion PGM Dx System with the U.S. FDA as Class II Medical Device". Carlsbad, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/16/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Appoints New Members to Scientific Advisory Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Biognosys AG. (9/10/14). "Press Release: Biognosys Releases Spectronaut 6.0". Zürich-Schlieren....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]