Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/20/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Appoints New Member to Scientific Advisory Board". Waltham, MA.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced that it has appointed David M. Sabatini, MD, PhD, to its Scientific Advisory Board. The Board was formed in 2010 to formalize the two-way exchange of technological information between the company and representatives from some of the world's premiere centers of health, science and education.
Dr. Sabatini is a member of the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, where he studies the basic mechanisms of cell growth. He has several affiliations with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), serving as senior associate member of The Broad Institute, member of the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, as well as associate professor of biology. He is also an investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Dr. Sabatini received his doctorate degrees from Johns Hopkins University in 1997 and has been awarded numerous academic distinctions.
"We are pleased to add David's insight as a leading life sciences researcher to our Scientific Advisory Board," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The Board plays an important role in helping us to set a course for innovation that creates value for our customers, and his extensive work in understanding how cells function and metabolize plays a key role in the development of new treatments for disease."
The Scientific Advisory Board includes R&D leaders from across Thermo Fisher, as well as the following external members:
> Tyler Jacks, PhD, member of Thermo Fisher's board of directors, David H. Koch professor of biology and director of the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, and investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
> Ronald W. Davis, Stanford University, Department of Biochemistry
> Steven P. Gygi, PhD, Harvard Medical School, Department of Cell Biology
> William C. Hahn, MD, PhD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Oncology
> David R. Hillyard, MD, University of Utah, Department of Pathology.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Excellims Corporation. (6/16/14). "Press Release: Excellims Unveils New High Performance Ion Mobility Spectrometer Addition for Your Mass Spectrometer at ASMS 2014". Baltimore, MD....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/16/14). "Press Release: New Mass Spectral Library Designed to Streamline Environmental, Food Safety, Clinical Research and Forensic Toxicology Analyses. 30,000 MS/MS Spectra for 2,000 Compounds". Baltimore, MD....
-  Prosolia, Inc.. (6/16/14). "Press Release: Prosolia Introduces the Velox 360 Sample Introduction and Ionization System for Mass Spectrometry"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/16/14). "Press Release: New Mass Spectrometric Immunoassay Consumables Enable Large Biomolecule Analysis. Proprietary Microcolumn Technology Enhances Reproducible Target Purification". Baltimore, MD....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/16/14). "Press Release: New High Resolution Accurate Mass LC-MS System Can Scan 50 Percent Faster than Predecessor. Thermo Scientific Q Exactive HF System Scans up to 18 Hertz". Baltimore, MD....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/16/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Strengthens Its Industry-leading Mass Spectrometry Portfolio at ASMS 2014". Baltimore, MD....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/16/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Registers San Jose Facility with FDA". Baltimore, MD....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/16/14). "Press Release: Next Generation Triple Quadrupole GC-MS Designed to Be More Sensitive and Three Times Faster than Predecessor". Baltimore, MD....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/16/14). "Press Release: Software Automates Deep Characterization of Biotherapeutic Proteins". Baltimore, MD....
-  Premier Biosoft International. (6/11/14). "Press Release: Premier Biosoft Announces the Release of SimGlycan Enterprise Edition 5.0 to Support Automated Mass Spectrometry Glycan Quantitation Analysis Using Thermo Scientific aminoxyTMT Reagents". Palo Alt...
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]