Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/27/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Center of Excellence Helps European Food Labs Cope with Latest Dioxin Contamination of Chicken Eggs". Bremen.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific POPs Center of Excellence, Bremen|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Product 2||food analysis (food testing)|
|Person||D’Silva, Kyle (Thermo Fisher 2010604 Pharma & Biopharma Marketing)|
|Person 2||Matlow, Stuart (Stu) (Thermo Fisher 201206 Public Relations Manager Chromatography + Mass Spectrometry before Agilent)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, is alerting food testing laboratories in Europe that it offers methods to detect and confirm dioxins in food products. These methods, developed by the Thermo Fisher POPs (persistent organic pollutants) Center of Excellence in Bremen, are critical technology for monitoring and containing the latest occurrence of dioxin contamination of chicken eggs in the Lower-Saxony region of Germany. Local authorities closed at least one farm on June 18 and are investigating the incident. More than 250,000 eggs have been recalled.
The methods are used by food scientists to extract, purify, screen and confirm dioxins in food and animal feed. The methods are available online at www.thermoscientific.com/pops.
"The public health and economic risks can be astronomical whenever a toxin enters the food supply chain," said Dr. Kyle D'Silva, product manager GC/HRMS, Thermo Fisher. "This is why we're driven to help food producers and testing labs anticipate and quickly respond to crises and minimize the damage."
Dioxins are associated with reproductive and developmental disorders, damage to the human immune system, hormonal problems and increased incidence of cancer, according to the World Health Organization and numerous other studies. Thermo Fisher is a leading developer of high-resolution mass spectrometry technology and other instrumentation used by food labs and for other analytical chemistry and life science applications worldwide.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]