Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Debuts Charge Detector for Ion Chromatography. East-to-Use Thermo Scientific Dionex QD Offers Orthogonal Detection for Enhanced Peak Confirmation and Quantification". Orla
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||University of Texas at Arlington (UT Arlington)|
|Group||University of Texas System|
|Product||Dionex QD charge detector for IC|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2012 Orlando|
|Index term 2||Thermo Fisher–Univ Texas: ion chromatography, 201203 collab developm of QD technology w Prof Dasgupta at Univ Texas at Arlington|
|Person||Pohl, Christopher (Thermo 201305 VP Chromatography Chemistry before Dionex 201005 SVP RnD + CSO)|
|Person 2||Dasgupta, Purnendu (Univ Texas 201203 Prof Chemistry + Biochemistry at UT at Arlington)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today debuted the Thermo Scientific Dionex QD, the first commercially available charge detector for ion chromatography (IC). In combination with suppressed conductivity detection, the new Dionex QD provides orthogonal detection for improved peak identification along with retention time, peak purity analysis and quantification. The company will showcase the Dionex QD in Thermo Scientific booth 2665 during Pittcon 2012, being held from March 11-15, in Orlando.
The Dionex QD uses a patent-pending membrane-based desalting technology that detects ions in proportion to their charge and concentration. This produces a signal for triply charged ions, such as phosphate, that is three times greater than singly charged ions, such as chloride. Ions with the same charge and concentration yield similar response, permitting reliable quantification of known and unknown compounds using a single standard.
"When combined with a conductivity detector, the Dionex QD offers an easy-to-use alternative for peak identification, peak purity analysis and quantification," said Chris Pohl, vice president, chromatography chemistry, Thermo Fisher. "It can also provide more information than traditional conductivity detectors, including quantification of unknowns."
Compared to suppressed conductivity detection, the Dionex QD typically provides similar sensitivity for both strongly and weakly dissociated ions, higher sensitivity for multiply charged ions and improved linearity for weakly dissociated ions. It also provides enhanced sensitivity and detector linearity for organic acids, amines and silicate compounds not easily detected using conductivity detection. This makes the Dionex QD well-suited for analysis of phosphates in environmental testing laboratories, organic acids in the food and beverage industry and ethanolamines in the chemical industry.
The Dionex QD is designed to provide simplified operation, lower-cost maintenance and long consumables life, and it is sized to fit within the overall Dionex IC system footprint. Thermo Fisher developed the new QD technology in collaboration with Dr. Purnendu Dasgupta, professor of chemistry & biochemistry, at the University of Texas at Arlington.
For more information about the new Thermo Scientific Dionex QD, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2665 at Pittcon 2012. Alternatively, please call (781) 933-4689, email email@example.com or visit wwww.thermoscientific.com/QD.
For access to all Thermo Fisher news and product photos related to Pittcon 2012, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/news.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Stephanie Kubina, 408-965-6022
Record changed: 2012-06-04
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/3/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Strenghtens Innovation Leadership with New Products Launched at Pittcon 2014". Chicago, IL....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (2/7/14). "Press Release: Trading Update"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/3/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Life Technologies Corporation. Adds Fourth Reporting Segment". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/30/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results. Initiates Guidance for Full Year 2014". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/21/14). "Press Release: New Raman Microscope Enables High-resolution Materials Analysis". Madison, WI....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/6/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reaches Agreement to Sell Its Cell Culture, Gene Modulation and Magnetic Beads Businesses to GE Healthcare". Waltham, MA....
-  General Electric Company. (1/6/14). "Press Release: GE to Expand in Life Sciences with Acquisition of Strategic Assets from Thermo Fisher Scientific". Chalfont St. Giles....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (12/4/13). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
-  Fitch Ratings, Inc.. (12/4/13). "Press Release: Fitch Downgrades Thermo Fisher’s IDR to »BBB«, Affirms Life Tech’s IDR at »BBB«". New York, NY....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (12/4/13). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]