Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/11/09). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Debuts Exactive Benchtop LC-MS at ACHEMA 2009". Frankfurt.
|Region||Frankfurt am Main|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Exactive™ LC/MS system|
|Product 2||Orbitrap™ technology|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the ACHEMA debut of its new Thermo Scientific Exactive benchtop liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) system, designed for high-throughput and high-performance screening and compound identification applications. The Exactive™ system leverages the company's proven Orbitrap™ mass-analyzer technology, the recognized standard for accurate mass and high-resolution measurement, to provide precise and reliable information. It is fast, easy to use, cost effective to operate and, coupled with workflow-driven software, is an ideal instrument for new users in routine analytical laboratories. The system will be displayed on booth B1-C11, Hall 6.1 at ACHEMA 2009 in Frankfurt, Germany, from May 11 - 15.
The Exactive LC-MS improves laboratory efficiency and throughput by streamlining many of the technical steps that normally require specialized set-up and operation. An intuitive software interface makes the system easy to use in both expert and "walk-up" mode, while ensuring precise mass identification of target compounds over a wide concentration range. While simple to operate, Exactive sets new standards for LC-MS performance at resolutions up to 100,000. When combined with excellent single-scan mass accuracy in positive and negative modes, Exactive is the ideal LC-MS system for accurate, high-throughput screening and compound identification.
"Our Thermo Scientific Orbitrap technology has been an important driver of LC-MS growth in the world of biology," said Lester Taylor, marketing director, mass spectrometry, at Thermo Fisher Scientific. "We asked ourselves what we could do to fully realize the potential of this technology to make it even more accessible to users with routine toxicology, environmental and drug-development workflows. The answer is Exactive - an instrument we consider a real breakthrough that can be applied to a great number of challenging new applications."
The Exactive system's Pathfinder software provides the right workflow for the right analysis, enabling experienced users to tune and optimize the system, develop methods and perform a wide range of experiments. New users and non-mass spectrometrists can easily follow developed methods to get analytical answers quickly and automatically. If necessary, both levels of users can then jointly utilize Pathfinder's data review capabilities to dig deeper into the wealth of information that the Thermo Scientific Exactive system provides.
"Mass accuracy plays a critical role in reducing analysis times and increasing confidence in results, even for routine measurements," Taylor notes. "Co-eluting compounds in complex matrices can be screened and confirmed in a single experiment simply by re-analyzing data at a higher resolution. For screening of isobaric compounds that differ by only a few milli-mass units, such as pesticides, this accurate mass capability will be of enormous value."
For further information, please visit the Thermo Scientific booth B1-C11 in Hall 6.1 at ACHEMA 2009. Alternatively, please call 1-800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermo.com/exactive.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
For a full list of all press releases announcing new products at ACHEMA 2009, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/achema09
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
For further press information please contact: Laura Browne/Charlotte Culley Tel: +44 1477 539539 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]