Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Debuts High-performance Benchtop Quadrupole-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer. Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Is a Compelling Alternative to Q-TOF". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Q Exactive™ quadrupole-Orbitrap LC-MS/MS|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2012 Orlando|
|Person||Jardine, Ian (Thermo Fisher 200803 VP Global Research + Develop)|
|Person 2||Kubina, Stephanie (Thermo Fisher 201003)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the Pittcon debut of the Thermo Scientific Q Exactive high-performance benchtop quadrupole-Orbitrap™ LC-MS/MS. Q Exactive™, a compelling alternative to quadrupole time-of-flight (Q-TOF), can conduct three experiments at once - identification, quantitation and confirmation - in a system that is fully compatible with UHPLC separations. The company will showcase the Q Exactive in Thermo Scientific booth 2665 during Pittcon 2012, being held from March 11-15, in Orlando.
The innovative HR/AM Quanfirmation™ capability featured in Q Exactive makes it possible to identify, quantify and confirm more trace-level metabolites, contaminants, peptides and proteins in complex mixtures in one analytical run. Laboratories can obtain high-confidence results without sacrificing MS/MS sensitivity, mass resolution or quantitative reproducibility.
The Q Exactive supports time-saving workflows for emerging applications, such as food safety and forensic toxicology, which use general extraction methodologies that result in complex sample matrices for subsequent analysis by LC-MS. With the Q Exactive, laboratories can identify more proteins, more metabolites and more contaminants with greater confidence.
"Traditionally, laboratories have purchased Q-TOFs for small-molecule work, such as drug metabolism studies, as well as for peptide and proteomics work, and the Q Exactive is ideal for those applications," said Dr. Ian Jardine, chief technology officer of Thermo Fisher's Analytical Technologies business. "Once customers understand that they can get UHPLC-equivalent performance, with narrower chromatography peaks, at an affordable price, the Q Exactive becomes an even more exciting proposition for labs worldwide."
Because it is powered by Orbitrap technology, the Q Exactive offers ultra-high resolution and exceptional mass accuracy for high-confidence identifications and retrospective data analysis. Fast scanning and spectral multiplexing ensure that the system is fully compatible with UHPLC separations. Fast positive-negative scan-to-scan polarity switching enables detection of a wide range of compound types in a single analysis.
Other new innovations featured in the Q Exactive include:
> New ion source optics for increased sensitivity up to five-fold.
> Integrated quadrupole mass filter that enables precursor ion selection. True MS/MS fragmentation occurs in the higher energy collisional induced dissociation (HCD) cell prior to Orbitrap HR/AM detection.
> Advanced signal processing that increases system resolving power to 140,000 FWHM in full-scan mode and maximum scan speed.
> New C-Trap ion optics and HCD collision cell that offer fast HCD MS/MS scanning and improve low-mass ion transmission, which enhances sensitivity and quantitative performance, particularly for experiments that use isobaric labeling.
> Multiplexed detection that increases overall system duty cycle for compatibility with UHPLC. Up to 10 precursor ions can be collected and stored prior to simultaneous detection in the Orbitrap.
For more information about the Thermo Scientific Q Exactive, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2665 at Pittcon 2012. Alternatively, please call (800) 532-4752, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermoscientific.com/qexactive.
For access to all Thermo Fisher news and product photos related to Pittcon 2012, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/news.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Stephanie Kubina, 408-965-6022
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]