Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/1/10). "Press Release: Next-generation Thermo Scientific Ion Trap and Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers Debut at Pittcon 2010. LTQ Velos – Reinvention of Ion Trap Technology, LTQ Orbitrap Velos – Powered by Orbitrap Technology
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||LTQ Velos™ mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||LTQ Orbitrap Velos™ mass spectrometer|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, announced today the debut of the Thermo Scientific LTQ Velos and LTQ Orbitrap Velos at Pittcon 2010. The LTQ VelosTM, which features a new dual-pressure trap and advanced ion optics, is the world's fastest and most sensitive ion trap mass spectrometer. The LTQ Orbitrap VelosTM combines the industry-leading OrbitrapTM mass analyzer, a new higher-energy collisional dissociation (HCD) cell and dual-pressure trap technology to deliver ultra-high resolution and accurate mass data. The company will showcase the LTQ Velos and LTQ Orbitrap Velos at Thermo Scientific booth 2757 during Pittcon 2010, being held February 28 - March 5, in Orlando.
LTQ Velos - Reinvention of ion trap technology
For proteomics applications, the improvements in speed and sensitivity provide greater coverage in the analysis of complex peptide mixtures, increasing the confidence of protein identification at low sample levels. The multiple fragmentation techniques available on the LTQ Velos enable more confident sequence assignment and post-translational modification (PTM) identification. Faster scan rates reduce cycle times by up to 50 percent, doubling the number of proteins and peptides identified.For proteomics applications, the improvements in speed and sensitivity provide greater coverage in the analysis of complex peptide mixtures, increasing the confidence of protein identification at low sample levels. The multiple fragmentation techniques available on the LTQ Velos enable more confident sequence assignment and post-translational modification (PTM) identification. Faster scan rates reduce cycle times by up to 50 percent, doubling the number of proteins and peptides identified.
For metabolism applications, the dual-pressure trap technology increases fragmentation efficiencies, resulting in faster and more confident structural elucidation. The improved speed and enhanced sensitivity combines with MSn capabilities, maximizing throughput while maintaining the superior data quality required for the identification and quantitation of multiple co-eluting compounds.
The LTQ Velos can be upgraded to the LTQ Orbitrap Velos, allowing laboratories to extend their initial investment to include accurate mass and ultra-high resolution capabilities with no compromise to sensitivity and speed of analysis.
Instrument Business Outlook selected the LTQ Velos ion trap liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS) system as its "Product of the Show" during the American Society of Mass Spectrometry 2009 meeting.
LTQ Orbitrap Velos - Powered by Orbitrap technology
The LTQ Orbitrap Velos combines the proven mass accuracy and ultra-high resolution of the Orbitrap mass analyzer with the increased sensitivity and improved cycle time of the LTQ Velos to deliver high-performance hybrid mass spectrometry.
The high mass accuracy of the LTQ Orbitrap Velos increases the speed and confidence of protein identification in complex samples by minimizing false positives. The ultra-high resolution delivers certainty in analytical results by enabling molecular weight determination for intact proteins and in-depth analysis of isobaric species. For proteomics researchers, these capabilities enable the identification of more proteins with increased sequence coverage and higher confidence.
The new HCD cell in the LTQ Orbitrap Velos is more efficient, resulting in improved quantitation of isobarically labeled peptides. This includes applications requiring tandem mass tags (TMT). Electron transfer dissociation (ETD) generates complementary information for highly sensitive PTM analyses and de novo sequencing.
For metabolism applications, the LTQ Orbitrap Velos provides researchers with high resolution accurate mass data for more confident structural elucidation.
With these new features, Thermo Scientific LTQ Orbitrap technology remains the most comprehensive structural identification mass spectrometry instrument and the platform of choice for the most confident protein and metabolite identification, characterization and quantitation.
The speed of both LTQ Velos mass spectrometers is ideal for coupling with ultra-high performance liquid chromatography (U-HPLC) systems, enabling researchers to identify more compounds in less time.
For more information about the LTQ Velos and LTQ Orbitrap Velos, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2757 at Pittcon 2010. Alternatively, visit www.thermo.com/ms, call (800) 532-4752 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For access to all Thermo Fisher Scientific news and product photos related to Pittcon 2010, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/pittcon10
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]