Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/19/10). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Delivers New Triple Quadrupole GC/MS/MS Method". Austin, TX.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Austin|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) (US)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||TSQ Quantum XLS triple quadrupole GC/MS system|
|Product 2||food analysis (food testing)|
|Person||Callender, Celine (Scott Partnership 201003)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific delivers new triple quadrupole GC/MS/MS method to facilitate highly selective trace-level screening of PCDD/Fs and PCBs (NYSE: TMO).
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced a new method for the trace-level screening of polychlorinated dioxins/furans (PCDD/Fs) and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in food products, following the analytical strategy of the well established U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Method 1613A.
The newly launched Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum XLS triple quadrupole gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (GC/MS/MS) instrument can reliably analyze PCDD/Fs and PCBs in foodstuff at the maximum residue levels (MRLs). The new method is described in an application note, entitled "PCDD/F Screening at the Maximum Residue Level for Food Safety Analysis using Highly Selective Triple Quadrupole GC/MS/MS," which is available to download.
PCDD/Fs and PCBs are among the most hazardous toxic contaminants of food and feed. Legislative agencies worldwide have successfully enforced MRLs for PCDD/F and PCB contaminants in foodstuff and specified screening and confirmation methods, which has helped reduce contamination in food. However, an increasing number of regional accidents with global impact have caused elevated levels of PCDD/Fs and PCBs in food products over the last few years. Requirements on the performance of analytical methods are regulated by providing identification points to analytical techniques and their combinations. Triple quadrupole GC/MS/MS has become a standard analytical method for priority pollutants in food, overcoming false positive results of bioassays with high selectivity from MS/MS selected reaction monitoring (SRM) and reliable target compound quantitation at the required low trace levels.
This method, which incorporates the TSQ Quantum XLS triple quadrupole GC-MS/MS with a Thermo Scientific Trace GC Ultra gas chromatograph, enables regulatory compliance for the trace-level screening and quantitation of PCDD/Fs and PCBs in foodstuffs. It follows the EPA Method 1613A measurement protocol, which uses isotope dilution quantitation with 13C-labeled internal standards. Using highly selective precursor ion selection and high-precision hyperbolic quadrupole technology available with the TSQ Quantum XLS, superior and uniform selectivity for screening for PCDD/Fs and PCBs at imposed MRLs in complex matrices is possible.
In addition, for the fast control of food samples, the new method offers five identification points, exceeding the minimum of four identification points required by European Union requirements. It also covers the injected range at and above 100fg absolute amount per compound. Positive screening results and a small subset of negative results must be verified by a confirmatory method of analysis, typically by high-resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS). Modern HRMS systems, including the Thermo Scientific DFS high-resolution GCMS, are capable of providing confirmatory results down to the very low femtogram level.
The TSQ Quantum XLS features a Thermo Scientific Durabrite IRIS ion source that delivers extremely high sensitivity with low femtogram-range limits of detection and unrivaled performance in GC/MS/MS structure selective detection for multi-component target compound quantitation. Offering superior flexibility, high-speed data acquisition and increased sample runs, the system is designed to considerably improve laboratory efficiency. The TSQ Quantum XLS provides a highly productive and accurate screening solution for increased sample throughput in food safety, contract and governmental control laboratories.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (thermoscientific.com) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
For further press information please contact: Celine Callender, The Scott Partnership, 1 Whiteside, Station Road, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire. CW4 8AA United Kingdom T: +44 1477 539539 F: +441477 539540, E: thermo[.]scottpr.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]