Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/24/10). "Press Release: First On-Demand LIMS to Be Demonstrated at ASMS 2010. LIMS-on-Demand Offers Cost-effective Solution for Small and Mid-sized Labs". Salt Lake City, UT.
|Region||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ARC Advisory Group|
|Product 2||software services|
|Person||Champagne, Dave (Thermo 200512 Vice President)|
|Person 2||Hollywood, Paula (ARC Advisory Group 201005 Senior Analyst Process Automation)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, will demonstrate its software-as-a-service (SaaS), enterprise-class laboratory information management system. LIMS-on-Demand* allows organizations of varying types and sizes to leverage all the benefits of an industry-leading LIMS solution without the time and cost typically associated with on-premise software installation. The company will demonstrate its next-generation LIMS-on-Demand solution at the Salt Palace Convention Center Salons 250BCEF, May 24 - May 26, 2010 during the ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics in Salt Lake City, Utah.
LIMS-on-Demand can significantly reduce the capital investment associated with traditional LIMS implementation and validation by eliminating the need for extensive software testing and installation. On-demand access provides a more flexible alternative to conventional LIMS so organizations can more easily and cost-effectively adapt technology as needs change. For the cost of a monthly subscription fee, a laboratory can easily, affordably and securely access a fully-functional, validated solution through a standard Web browser.
The intuitive Web interface enables connectivity with a variety of internal instruments and systems as well as external facilities, partners and regulatory agencies. LIMS-on-Demand offers flexibility and ease-of-use, helping organizations replace inefficient, error-prone manual processes with an automated data management solution. Customers can create workflows, map sample lifecycles and generate automatic updates while providing users with rapid access to up-to-the-minute data and information that impacts every phase of laboratory processes.
"The cost of acquiring a LIMS in the traditional license delivery model is prohibitive for many small and medium-sized laboratories, effectively putting it out of reach," said Paula Hollywood, senior analyst process automation at ARC Advisory Group. "Because of the high costs, ranging between $100,000 and $750,000, many organizations opt for home-grown systems, but the cumulative costs, including staff and capital equipment, often make these systems more expensive to develop, maintain and validate."
"LIMS-on-Demand delivers the benefits of an on-premise LIMS at a lower cost and with very little implementation time," said Dave Champagne, vice president and general manager of Thermo Fisher Scientific's Informatics business. "With built-in workflows, the ability to capture, store and analyze lab data, monitor resources and integrate with instrumentation, we are enabling more laboratories around the world to experience the competitive advantages of LIMS."
For more information about Thermo Scientific LIMS-on-Demand, or other Thermo Scientific products, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 69 or the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Salt Palace Convention Center Salons 250BCEF during ASMS 2010. For more information about Thermo Scientific LIMS-on-Demand please visit www.limsondemand.com, please call +44 161 942 3000 (Intl) or +1 866 463 6522 (US) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]