Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/1/10). "Press Release: Thermo Scientific XRF Handheld Alloy Analyzer Showcased at Pittcon 2010. Offers Speed, Accuracy and Point-and-Shoot Simplicity – Extending Cost/Performance Value to More Applications". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Niton XL2 Series XRF analyzer|
|Product 2||Niton XL3 Series XRF analyzer|
|Person||Wopperer, Bob (Spectro Scientific 201402– VP Business Development before Thermo Fisher)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, announced today it will demonstrate at Pittcon 2010 the Thermo Scientific Niton XL2 Series, the latest innovation in its industry-leading portfolio of handheld X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzers. The mid-range Niton® XL2 analyzer makes XRF technology accessible for a wider range of applications. The company will showcase the Niton XL2 Series at Thermo Scientific booth 2757 during Pittcon 2010, being held February 28 - March 5, in Orlando.
"From boosting productivity in scrap metal recycling to screening consumer goods such as toys and apparel, our XRF analyzers are playing an increasing role in improving profitability, compliance and consumer safety," said Bob Wopperer, director of marketing and business development for Thermo Fisher Scientific's handheld XRF products. "Now, with the Niton XL2, we can meet a broader range of cost and performance needs across manufacturing QC, mining and exploration, lead paint analysis and more."
Handheld Niton XL2 and award-winning Niton XL3 Series XRF analyzers are purpose-built for taking measurements anywhere, any time, with accurate results available in seconds. These easy-to-use, nondestructive instruments provide integral storage of all test results, which are encrypted and tamper-proof. Multiple communication options are incorporated, including Bluetooth® wireless and USB and serial ports.
Thermo Scientific Niton XRF Analyzers
Thermo Scientific Niton analyzers are lightweight yet rugged instruments designed to save significant expense over traditional laboratory testing by delivering results in the field, in real-time.
* Replacing the award-winning Niton XLt analyzers, Niton XL2 Series analyzers are ergonomically designed; feature a daylight readable display with large, intuitive icons; incorporate customizable menus for ease of use, multi-language options and a standard analytical range of more than 25 elements. They are ideal for analyzing metal alloys for scrap recycling or final product QC, grade control, plant operations and near-mine exploration, and for screening electronics and consumer goods for lead.
* Niton XL3 analyzers offer enhanced features, including a choice of higher-performance X-ray options designed for specific industry applications. With an optional integrated charged-couple device camera and small spot feature, users can capture and store sample data from components and tiny sample areas for later reference, making it ideally suited for screening toys, apparel and jewelry.
* Niton XL3 GOLDDTM analyzers offer a step up in sensitivity and measurement times. It is the tool of choice for scrap metal recycling, with its superior performance for tramp and trace element analysis. For advanced mining exploration, the instrument's low detection limits help identify anomalies at or below the earth's average crustal abundance, something previously not possible with a handheld XRF analyzer. Users will also experience improved detection limits for all elements in environmental applications, including target elements such as chlorine and sulfur in sediment and arsenic in soil.
For more information about the Thermo Scientific Niton XL2 Series, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2757 at Pittcon 2010. Alternatively, visit www.thermo.com/niton, call (800) 875-1578 (toll-free in US) or (978) 670-7460 or e-mail email@example.com.
For access to all Thermo Fisher Scientific news and product photos related to Pittcon 2010, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/pittcon10.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]