Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/14/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, announced today that C. Martin Harris, MD, MBA, has been elected to its board of directors, effective March 30, bringing the company's total number of directors to 13. Dr. Harris has also been appointed to the board's Nominating and Governance Committee.
Dr. Harris is the chief information officer and chairman of the information technology division of Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, one of the nation's largest hospitals. Additionally, he is responsible for strategic business planning for Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Harris' interest and expertise in improving the practice of medicine through the innovative application of information technology is reflected in his serving on numerous national policy and technology organizations. He was tapped by the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services to help draft the electronic health records mandate in the economic stimulus package and recruited to guide Microsoft Corporation on an innovative pilot in disease management.
"We are extremely pleased to welcome Dr. Harris to our board as a new independent director," said Jim Manzi, chairman of the board of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Given his extensive healthcare and information technology expertise, as well as his strong track record of innovation, he will provide unique and valuable perspective to Thermo Fisher as we continue to execute our strategy for long-term growth."
Dr. Harris currently serves as a member of the board of Invacare Corporation, the global leader in the manufacture and distribution of home and long-term care medical products, and HealthStream, Inc., an Internet-based learning and research solutions provider for the healthcare industry.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Karen Kirkwood, 781-622-1306
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire FEI Company. Leading Electron Microscopy Platform Complements Mass Spectrometry Leadership to Accelerate Advancements in Structural Biology". Waltham, MA & Hill...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (4/4/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/31/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Affymetrix Following Approval of Transaction by Affymetrix Stockholders". Waltham, MA & Santa Clara, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New UHPLC-MS Workflows Designed for Biopharmaceutical Characterization. Therapeutic Protein Analysis kits, Columns and Software among Highlights at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New High-Pressure Ion Chromatography (HPIC) System Delivers New Levels of Simplicity and Flexibility". Atlanta, GA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Native Mobile Capabilities Added to Thermo Scientific SampleManager LIMS". Atlanta, GA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New Instruments and Software Designed to Improve Trace Elemental Analysis. Thermo Scientific iCAP RQ ICP-MS Spectrometer and Thermo Scientific Qtegra Intelligent Scientific Data Solution". Atlanta,...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Continues to Expand Leading Analytical Instruments Offering for Customers in Applied Markets". Atlanta, GA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New UHPLC Columns Offer Users Expanded Application Flexibility". Atlanta, GA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/1/16). "Press Release: Accurately Detect Volatile Organic Compounds in Manufactured Products. Fisher Chemical GC Headspace-grade Solvents Are Designed to Detect Residual Solvents for Ensuring Consumer Safety". Waltham, M...
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]