Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/14/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, announced today that C. Martin Harris, MD, MBA, has been elected to its board of directors, effective March 30, bringing the company's total number of directors to 13. Dr. Harris has also been appointed to the board's Nominating and Governance Committee.
Dr. Harris is the chief information officer and chairman of the information technology division of Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, one of the nation's largest hospitals. Additionally, he is responsible for strategic business planning for Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Harris' interest and expertise in improving the practice of medicine through the innovative application of information technology is reflected in his serving on numerous national policy and technology organizations. He was tapped by the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services to help draft the electronic health records mandate in the economic stimulus package and recruited to guide Microsoft Corporation on an innovative pilot in disease management.
"We are extremely pleased to welcome Dr. Harris to our board as a new independent director," said Jim Manzi, chairman of the board of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Given his extensive healthcare and information technology expertise, as well as his strong track record of innovation, he will provide unique and valuable perspective to Thermo Fisher as we continue to execute our strategy for long-term growth."
Dr. Harris currently serves as a member of the board of Invacare Corporation, the global leader in the manufacture and distribution of home and long-term care medical products, and HealthStream, Inc., an Internet-based learning and research solutions provider for the healthcare industry.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Karen Kirkwood, 781-622-1306
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2012-04-11
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (4/24/13). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports First Quarter 2013 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (4/15/13). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Life Technologies Corporation". Waltham, MA & Carlsbad, CA....
-  Beltran, Luisa (Reuters). (4/10/13). "News: Thermo Bids for Life Tech, PE Firms Finalizing Offer – Sources"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (4/3/13). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Test Method Detects Dangerous Phenylbutazone in Horsemeat. European Horsemeat Scandal Exposes Danger of Consuming Meat Tainted with »Bute«". San José, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (4/2/13). "Press Release: Two Thermo Fisher Scientific Facilities Achieve ISO 13485 Certification. Distinction Certifies Facilities' Quality Management System for Medical Devices". San José, CA....
-  Techne Corporation. (3/18/13). "Press Release: Board of Directors Appoints Charles Kummeth as Chief Executive Officer and Director of Techne Corporation". Minneapolis, MN....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/11/13). "Press Release: Liquid Junction Kit for Nano HPLC-MS ESI Source"....
-  Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (2/27/13). "Press Release: Biocrates Life Sciences AG to Launch Thermo Edition of Its State-of-the-Art Metabolomics-based Research Kit, AbsoluteIDQ p150". Innsbruck....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/20/13). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces SureTect PCR System for Food Pathogen Detection". Basingstoke....
-  Amtsgericht Bremen. (2/20/13). Veränderungen: Bruker Daltonik GmbH. Bremen. [http://www.unternehmensregister.de, 03/29/13]...
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]